Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The "Legality"

benos

I got this in an email from the man, Mike V.

"USPSA does not publish the high hit factors for several reasons that are listed on the classification page. Your forum members can certainly post their personal scores as a matter of match results.

While we are both aware that the high hit factor can be figured out by anyone with a little math, publishing them would not be in the best interest of USPSA and I would appreciate it if you don't publish them on your forum.

So, that pretty much sums it up.

be

Obviously, it is the philosophy of USPSA leadership that HHF's not be posted.  We all know how to figure them after our results are posted if we are interested.   I do this sometimes because I wonder how many more points or how much faster the top bunch shot than I did.  And it is usually pretty easy to see that my no-shoot hit cost me x% of my possible score.  It's like checking the answers to the crossword puzzle after I've finished it.    As a member of USPSA, I will honor the wishes of our board and President.  

What I really would like to discuss is how each classifier challenged you.  Was one especially enjoyable for you?   What did it make you think about? Seeing through the eyes of another is a great technique for learning.    Let's learn from one another!   We can always design our own stages/drills and e-mail them to each other.   I've really enjoyed working with Ron Ankeny on one we have been sharing.   JT, I always wondered why some of those IDPA types had blue faces. :)