Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-14 Hoser Heaven

icer

I'm still new to this. Started USPSA this year. This one was my 4th classifier in Limited.

Unc. Limited

Points = 58

Pen = 25 (1 late shot) <_<

Hit factor = 33%

A - 8

C - 4

D - 1

NS - 2

LS - 1

How'd I do?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill looks like a 36%

I shot this one yesterday as well. 68 points, 12A's and 2 C's. Comes out to a 75.5%

Looks like I am moving in the right direction the way everyone complains about this one.

Edited to help bill.

Edited by Kingman

yesterday, hmmmm. first time shooting this one, two jams on two of the three strings, and a no-shoot for my last round fired :surprise:

Next time, someone just kick me in the junk first and save me the emotional trauma to go along with shooting this...... :sick:

Edited by SA Friday

yesterday, hmmmm. first time shooting this one, two jams on two of the three strings, and a no-shoot for my last round fired :surprise:

Next time, someone just kick me in the junk first and save me the emotional trauma to go along with shooting this...... :sick:

Time to buy a real gun?

This is one of the ones I was considering for our Qualifier match. Too tough?

EZ it is one of those classifiers you look at and are just like yeh, this is simple. I mean 5 second par times. Who on here would have a problem with 5 second par times. The problem is on a couple of the targets if you are having more than an A zone focus you are toast. I mean they have no shoots, and hard cover on all sides of the A zone it seems like on some.

Really you just have to shoot it for accuracy. I sorta liked it except for the weak hand part.

Time to buy a real gun?

This is one of the ones I was considering for our Qualifier match. Too tough?

Wasn't the gun, it was the driver. I was shooting my Glock 24. I haven't cleaned it in well over 2000 rounds and with that aftermarket barrel, its too tight to not clean. Thus, two feed jams. The no-shoot was just rounding out the last stage of a 'bad hair' day.

If you choose this for the qualifier match, it WILL be a tough challenge for everyone, but they will bitch even more than when I chose Merle's Standards :D

If you choose this for the qualifier match, it WILL be a tough challenge for everyone, but they will bitch even more than when I chose Merle's Standards :D

Yeah, well, we'll see if we use this or not. I'm not convinced dealing with par times and the timer issues will be worth it.

Did that part of the stage run well?

No timer problems on my squad either, but we used my pocket pro II. I set the part to 5 seconds and there were no issues. the timer still records late shots and shows the time of the shot. pretty easy timer wise. I would still prefer a grazing shot to the left testicle than shoot this classifier again. :blink:

Thankfully, it was nice and cool out yesterday for that stage......or not.

That was a tough stage for a beginning shooter like myself. Using a new gun and weak handed on the last string, I saw dirt fly on every shot so at least I hit the berm each time :blink:

- Wicked (too embarrassed to use real name)

• 3 months later...
Don't be embarased. A lot of people zero this classifier at one point or another.

The joy of being new to this sport...EVERY classifier is new. I should have known by the groans that went up when it was revealed what was coming. I paid them no mind and planned it out... it seemed like a good plan at the time.

My plan was to engage only T1,T3,T5,T6, skipping the tight NS's at T2 AND T4. I figured that all A's there would give me enough points to be respectable. I got a little trigger happy, ditched my plan, and attempted to shoot beyond my ability and managed to incur enough penalties to completely negate any points. Hello, Mr. ZERO POINTS. :sick: The combination of forced speed with the timer and shooting single handed did me in. It was all I could do to tuck my tail and head to the back of the squad area and mentally kick myself hard in the caboose. The frustration... I'll be ready next time.

• 4 months later...

who was the sadist who created this stage?

zeroed it the first time through shooting single stack.

Came back the 2nd time for Limited and shot what I thought was a whopping 21 Hit Factor.

Woooo ... Hooo...

I was wrong. :blink:

The classifier calc gives me just a 23%

This is definitely a separate the men from the boys stage (or the chaff from the wheat.... or whatever...) .

Wow!

Very humbling!

• 1 year later...

Yeah, we shot this one today.... Hoser Heaven is not really an accurate name LOL. 29 HF

Based on HF entered, we calculate your "National Percentage" will be: 32.2223%

I tanked this one and finished last on it in Open.... I can't break out of C but can win the match and beat both the A's and the other C's.... :wacko:

Yup, I shot this one today and both Ants and I don't think that a stage with "hoser" in the title should have any no-shoots. I was all excited this morning to see the title of the classifier and my heart sank when I saw the no-shoots, hardcover and read the description.

I guess I approached the stage correctly...ish. I just resigned myself to not being able to get all shots off without hitting no shoots, so I just tried to hit as many A's as available in the 5 seconds. I only got off two shots weak-handed...one my only no-shoot. I got a 47...good enough to help bump me up to C, but I was disappointed to see that it would have been around 63% if I hadn't taken that last shot.

Overall, I like this stage as it really allows the good shooters to do well and teaches the rest of us to be patient and shoot within our abilities.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Holy crap this is a tough classifier. Last month was Merles Standards and now this. All I needed was a 51% to bump to B but I zeroed Merles and pulled a 33 on HH. I only got three shots off with my weak hand and one of them was a no shoot. Back to the woodshed...

• 9 months later...

Place Name USPSA Class Points Penalty Time Hit Factor Stg Pts Stage Percent

10 Gerard S C 35 40 0.00 0.0000 0.0000 0.00%

Placed last out of 15. Not so good. But I showed those white targets a thing or two.

At least I was 6th overall in Production.

[EDIT: format is screwy but that is 35 points and 40 penalties.]

Edited by Gerard

• 4 weeks later...

Shot this in my first match ever a couple of weeks ago. Actually laughed my butt off when I saw the course, what a way to break into this sport? I ended up shooting a hit factor or 34 and a 79% in production. Not sure if this is any good but it sure was alot of fun. The good news was no penalty points and a couple of pretty decent off hand shots, a total of 6 A's, 1 B, and 1 D so I guess it gives me something to work on.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

We shot this today.. In PCC I had an 88.. steady first 2 strings using around 4.2 seconds.. used all of the time on week shoulder 5.1 seconds and  that's ware I dropped the C... 97.7778%

Edited by 2011BLDR

• 2 weeks later...