• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot this one this weekend in Production using my G34 w/ Rem UMC ammo;

Time: 3.73 sec

Hit Factor: 10.724

Percent: 100% :D

Total of 28 competitors in Production.

Way to go, Michael!

According to the Ohio Classifier Calculator, it should come in as 84.4406% nationally.

Smokin'.....

Edited by ima45dv8

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have to shoot this Tomorrow so I went to the indoor range where I work and after they closed today I set up this match to practice. I shoot production so was using my G34 and one of the blade tek Holsters. The fastest time I was able to do was 4.27 with 2 C's the fastest time with all A hits was 4.63. The most consistant time with all A's was 4.87. I did within a couple of tents of that time over 5 runs so I guess that is what I will try for tomorrow. I felt in control of my shots at that speed so maybe I should push it a bit. I am a new / old USPSA shooter that shot this game back in the 80's and have been shooting GSSF for a couple of years. I think back in the 80's the best I ever did was low C class and I am determined to do much better now.

Shot this the same time as want2race.

Thats on a Master class time Shaun :blink:

I shot a 4.8 and 39 points for a 8.125 in L10 I think thats a 58.9% nationally. If I had gotten all As that would have been a 60.47% Oh well as somebody said before should a, could a, would a, didn't.

Edited by steel1212

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I shot paper right to left and steel left to right while living with a slow draw. Shooters that shot the whole stage in one direction seemed to do better.

Production

G35 w/ 140 PF loads

38 points

4.47 seconds

8.50 HF

Ohio classifier tool says 66.93% nationally. Back to dryfire draw practice. I'm guessing shooting the whole stage in on direction would save .5-.8 seconds and hitting a <1.0 draw would've saved me .5 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

Shot this today for my first Production classifier(s). Local match was having one of those 4-classifier deals.

Went well -- dropped one C in 3.75 seconds. Shot it left-to-right, in one pass. I have a bad tendency of watching the steel fall (which is not where my vision should be), but in this case, just called the shot and was gratified to see the 2nd popper topple, as I came off the last paper.

A shame -- if I hadn't sent a magazine tumbling into the dirt on the reload on another classifier today (99-12), I'd have two solid A-class scores on the day. As it was, I think that one will come in at 70%ish.

Don't want to talk about the classifier with the weak-hand string, and don't remember my score on the other. Was ok - not great, not awful.

I've been dry-firing a lot lately, and I can tell it's helping.

Just like Boo, I shot this one today (10-Feb-2007) with my revo. Not an impressive run. I was feeling kinda' rusty at the trigger and chickened-out from the center of the A-zone and went for the higher portion of the A, where there's more real estate w/o so much white around. Dropped 3 points. Time was 7.8 with a HF of 4.7436.

Ohio says its a 75.1866%, which will bring my best six average from 74.88% to 76.5236%. If all this math is correct, I JUST WENT THROUGH THE B-CLASS ROOF! GOING A-CLASS, BABY! :D

Edited by Nemo

Congratulations Nemo!! An A classification in wheel gunnin' is quite an accomplishment and you should be proud of yourself. I'm sure RO'ing most of our squad and trying to coach Nelson Jr. and Francisco didn't help your concentration any. I think your boys should treat you to dinner at their expense to celebrate. (I hope you like Big Macs. :lol: )

Along with Nemo, I shot it today with my XD-9 Tactical in Production. All I wanted to do is to avoid a penalty.

40 Points

5.39 Seconds

7.4212 HF

58.43% per the Ohio calculator

Looks like I'll be carrying my C classification into next week's Florida Open.

Edited by XD Niner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3.96 seconds

40 Points

10.10101010101010101....hf

I was a B in Production... :D

Somehow I just knew you wouldn't waite 2 seconds to post this. :lol:

I'll tell you I like this stage. It was the first time for this "C" class shooter and the first match since last year. So I'm not too disappointed with my 4.79 36 points. Keep it up PB. Your going to need it cause there may be "No sleep till Master class" for you but for me it's " No sleep till I pass your #ss". :lol: Nice job at M'burg!

Shot this one last Saturday in Bakersfield,

Open 2.75 w/ 39 points 14.1818 hit factor.

ohiouspsa site says 95.6361%

Shot a terrible match but smoked the classifier, go figure.

Edited by f250sd

• 2 weeks later...

I will be shooting this classifier this weekend. I think I am going to draw on the steel and then take the paper. I hate ending on steel because it always messes me up. I will rerport back what my time is.

Edited by sturmruger

• 1 month later...

Shot it today with revolver for our match.

down 1 point. 6.52 seconds. Didn't have a great grip after the reload and missed one steel and had to reengage. Ohio says 94%

For sh1ts and giggles I dug out my new open Glock and shot it after the match in 2.81 seconds. Down one point. Looks like it'll be 93%

I could get used to a dot. ;)

Just remember if it wasn't for speed and accuracy you'd be shooting just like me.

"Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch." :D

Nothing like a good Caddyshack quote. :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------