Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-23

Nik Habicht

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you give me a national score on the following two...

Baldwin, John U Revolver 56 0 9.97 5.6169

Baldwin, John C Limited 55 0 9.10 6.0440

EDIT ON:

Just saw the how to calculate thread so I came up with 44 % Rev and 50 % Lim. Will check on USPSA in a couple a weeks or months and verify.

EDIT OFF:

Thanks in advance, John DVC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shot this one today. 56 pts in 5.12 or so.. Shot fast, drew slow.

This one's pretty hard in Open, with a HHF over 14.. (aka: 60 pts in 4.15 seconds) You need a good turn-n-draw and a pretty cranking facing-target draw to do well.

Nationally, only about 1/10th of the GM's & M's get GM or M scores on it.

About 75% (I think).

That's about what I got, hence my 'tough' comment. The shooting isn't significantly easier than El Presidente, yet a clean run in 5.05 is 100% on that, but it takes 4.15 on this one for 100%.

We can argue about which one's more correct, but it nicely highlights the discrepancies in the classifier system when you get a second more for one over the other.

• 2 weeks later...

My field course performance has been poor lately, but I am having a good month on the stand and deliver from Box A courses. :lol:

Yesterday I shot Clang and Bang clean with my single stack in 2.91 and it looks like an 85% run. Today I shot 99-23 at our local match. First string was 2.33 seconds with a couple of C hits. Ruined the second string (2.08) with two stinking D hits. Looks like 88% for the skinny gun. The first and last targets had 4 Alpha each. The center target was pathetic. There is probably a lesson in there. Sweeping I suspect.

I won't blow any smoke up anyone's hind end with remarks about slothful draws, bad grip, head in the wrong place, etc. As far as I am concerned, shooting 85% and 88% back to back at two different clubs is a really good weekend and reason to :D .

I haven't shot this one Open, but in my view a 14.5+ hhf is nothing short of insane...

Jerry 17 B Limited 59 0 6.36 9.2767 53.4957 89.15% .

Really Like this Stage.... first string turn and draw 3.18

second string 3.18 down one point... everything clicked

just wished I could have run a little faster one the 2nd string..

but hey have to like being just one point down with a smooth run..

SuperComp9 shooting a Limited 40 Para...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

56 / 5.83 = 9.6054 hf

Ltd Glock 35.

Surrender/turning draw to left (I'm left handed) targets right to left = 2.94

Relaxed at sides / downrange, targets left to right = 2.89

This was with a borrowed gun and Fobus holster so the draws weren't really smooth. Not used to it. The relaxed at sides string had to shift grip slightly on the way out. Probably cost 2 or 3 tenths.

Used target focus and index. Did not have a clear front sight focus but saw the fiber optic glow and slide.

Oh yeah, first stage this morning got my blood going. Started out with a turn to the left and a 2.75 second run 2 points down. My second string was a draw prep'd the trigger to soon and on my pushout I fired. Freaked me out and I showed clear walked back to my chair and got rid of my coffee. I was pumped up .75 draw and still hit the by the target. The RO asked why I stopped because my first reaction was that I had DQ'd. The main RO said the gun looked like I had it in the shooting position and the second RO said it hit by the target into the back stop. I still had to go calm down. Came back out with a 2.91 first string and a 2.27 second string 53pts 10.231 HF I know it could have been better but I was still trying to calm down. (limited) :ph34r:

I was keeping score last night when we shot this stage, I was really sirprised how many people shot the first string (turn and draw) faster then facing down range on the draw.

How could this be?

George

In my casae because I was missing twice.......

22 points in 8.09 seconds works out to a HF of 2.7194. My calculations have that at about 22% ----Phew! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was keeping score last night when we shot this stage, I was really sirprised how many people shot the first string (turn and draw) faster then facing down range on the draw.

How could this be?

George

In my casae because I was missing twice.......

22 points in 8.09 seconds works out to a HF of 2.7194. My calculations have that at about 22% ----Phew! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ouch Nik!

But I was having enough troubles of my own to notice any ones elses shooting.

But I'm still blown away that about 4 out of ten people shot the first string faster.

George

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just shot this -- probably my best classifier. The thing I like is that it was the very *first* classifier I ever shot, in March 2005, where I shot 50 points in 9.25 for a 5.4 hf, in L10.

Yesterday, shot 57 points in 5.95 for a 9.6 hf, so it's nice to see improvement.