Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-48

I shot this on June 23 with West Texas Practical Shooters.

Shooting Singlestack minor.

10.87 seconds

had 4 Charlies

4.7838 Hit Factor

classifiercalc.com says 46.2328%

cmcalc.com says 46.23%

That's a good score for me. That should bring my average up to 39.03 and make it very likely that I'll be moving up to C class soon.

If I shoot 37.5787% or better on my next SS classifier, OR average 31.8690% or better on my next two SS classifiers, I won't be able to sandbag in D class any longer.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot 05-06-2012 - NORTHATLANTA ACTION SHOOTERS - NAAS (GA22)

Stage 2 – Tight Squeeze - Pistol - ProductionClassifier 99-48

Place: 2

Name: Joel T

USPSA: TY54348

Class: B

Penalty: 20

Time: 8.92

Hit Factor: 3.8222

Stg Pts: 45.7558

Stage Percent: 76.26

Per CmCALC:

USPSA Classifier Percentage: 29.65%

(BAD NIGHT @!$%#)

Shot 05-01-2012 – GWINNETTPRACTICAL SHOOTING LEAGUE – GPSL (GA01)

Stage 2 – Tight Squeeze - Pistol - ProductionClassifier 99-48

Place: 2

Name: Joel T

USPSA: TY54348

Class: B

Penalty: 0

Time: 9.02

Hit Factor: 5.7650

Stg Pts: 54.6877

Stage Percent: 91.15

Per CmCALC:

USPSA Classifier Percentage: 58.64%

(FIRST time isa charm I guess …..)

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know where this Classifier originated from? I assume it was adopted as a classifier from a Major Match some where. The High Hit Factor on this classifier is pretty high given the shot difficulty. I wonder how many people have been able to achieve a 100% run on this bad boy without going hoser crazy and getting lucky with hits? I shot this classifier last weekend solidly capturing all A's in 6.46 seconds and it ended up being an 89% which I was surprised it not being in the high 95+ % range. I guess I just suck.

I did a little bit of classification result research on the top 16 from the Open and Limited Nationals last year and the results are not too surprising. Out of the top 16 in both divisions there has only been 6 shooters who have achieved a 100% result on this classifier in any division. Four of the six 100% results were in Open division, with only two shooters doing it with iron sight guns. The majority of the top 16 from last years nationals have shot this classifier and the average "high" result was in the 88% - 92% range.

Given the small bit of results data I have looked at so far, I think the high hit factor for this classifier may be about 5% too high. Or the top shooters in the nation seem to magically suck an extra 5% on this classifier.

I did a little bit of classification result research on the top 16 from the Open and Limited Nationals last year and the results are not too surprising. Out of the top 16 in both divisions there has only been 6 shooters who have achieved a 100% result on this classifier in any division. Four of the six 100% results were in Open division, with only two shooters doing it with iron sight guns. The majority of the top 16 from last years nationals have shot this classifier and the average "high" result was in the 88% - 92% range.

Given the small bit of results data I have looked at so far, I think the high hit factor for this classifier may be about 5% too high. Or the top shooters in the nation seem to magically suck an extra 5% on this classifier.

We shot this at our local match a few weeks ago and Taran B (shooting open) was the stage winner with a HF of 8.8496 (all A's in 6.78). The calculator shows that to be 78.3150%, which confirms your theory that this is a difficult classifier.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We shot this at our local match a few weeks ago and Taran B (shooting open) was the stage winner with a HF of 8.8496 (all A's in 6.78). The calculator shows that to be 78.3150%, which confirms your theory that this is a difficult classifier.

+1

shot this at a local match last month. Out of 46 shooters only 2 had all A's. 33 out of 46 shooters had penalty points.

My score of 60 points, 10.49 seconds, HF 5.7197 , USPSA % 58.1 was the best Production score posted at the match which is sad.

Eric

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't think its worth switching up the transitions (left, right, middle) to shoot it close to far. I also don't think there is much difference in shooting it left to right or right to left. Whatever your preferred shooting direction is will usually work the best on these kind of stages. To 100% this classifier you need to transition between each target at a very aggressive pace. The center target seems to be the primary make it or break it element to this stage as its easy to pull a shot into the hard cover, that or give away too many points on the outside targets by trying to avoid the no shoots. If you shoot the stage in the below times while capturing 1 C and the rest A's it will be a 100% run in Limited. The below numbers have a little bit of head room in the on target splits, draw and reload but the transitions are just about maxed out on this one given the partial targets. If you drop even 4 points on this classifier you have to shoot it faster (.25 splits) or cut a combined .30 off of your draw and reload. The funny thing about this classifier is that the 100% hit factor is not far off of the El Presidente which is pretty similar in target distance with no partial targets. Either way, every time I have seen this classifier used at a local match it has laid waste to many shooters because of misses on the middle hard cover target. 

Draw 1.25
Split .30
Transition .35
Split .30
Transition .35
Split .30
Reload 1.25
Split .30
Transition .35
Split .30
Transition .35
Split .30

yeah, i ran the numbers for me in Production and if I drop 3 C hits, so 54 points I need to shoot it in 5.8 seconds. if i shoot it clean that goes to 6.4 seconds.

i'm gonna shoot it left to right, reload, left to right. on paper, it seems doable, but we'll see in real life.