Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-48

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got another chance at it yesterday. Since I zeroed it in the past, I wanted to make sure I posted an actual score, but I was too conservative and went too slowly. Apparently there is a middle ground!

Limited 10

58 points

0 penalties

12.66 sec (could have done the same points in 10 and should have)

HF = 4.5814

I'm guessing low 40s when it comes out in the wash. That'll get thrown out for me, but at least it wasn't a zero.

Shot this one today...60 points in 7.48 seconds in Limited 10. I ran it about as well as I could have hoped (and maintained some form of control) and felt pretty good about it. Finished the stage 3rd OA amongst M/GM shooters in Limited/Open...then I calculated my national percentage... 77% Sucks! Unless I shot this and applied some form of "chance", I just don't think I could shoot it any better and still be in contol. I'm about 3.5 points from going Master in L10 and this one didn't help matters at all. What I thought was going to be a good day...turned into a bad day. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Shot this again today ... it's popular among Indiana clubs, apparently!

I didn't do as well as last time. I was shooting minor, so I wanted to make sure I got all As. I went a little too slow in getting that done, though, but at least I accomplished that small goal.

Limited 10

60 points

0 penalties

time = 14.36 sec

HF = 4.1783

We reshot it a few times, but I had misses on each run after what I did above, even though my times were much better. On the bright side, that more $$$ for the club for each time we did it again! Cha-ching!

I am pretty sure I can shoot it between eight and nine seconds with good points and under ten with all As. We'll see what happens the next time i get a chance.

• 10 months later...

Only second match giving L-10 a go since I don't reload yet and the ammo I shoot makes major out of my XD-40 Tactical.

Limited 10 55 0 10.93 5.0320 41.3838

National Percentage: 48.6315%

While not exactly lighting the world on fire it's much better than my percentage in my first L-10 classifier; a blistering 22.500% on Baseball Standards (03-14).... <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Just shot this one recently:

class U Limited 10 58pts 0 penalties 8.58 6.7599 hf

Shot first string left to right, second string right to left. Finished the stage 4th over all behind a couple A class opens and a M class Limited. I felt pretty good, could have pushed faster but saw the sight on every shot and made a smooth reload.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of the high six of my last eight, and I'm going to shoot it again tomorrow. I remember something about shooting the same one twice and it was something like you can only improve on the score.

Does anyone know how this works? I could really stand to imporve on that score since it is the lowest of my high six, and I really want to make B in limited 10.

Better today, but not good enough for B class.

5 alpha, 5 charlie, 1 delta, and 1 mike. Had three alphas on the back target and one in the hard cover. Time: 7.11 seconds. My figuring comes out to a hit factor of 5.0632. Classifier calculator puts this at 48.9331. Oh those mikes! That's how they get you. Without the mike--even if it was just a delta--my percentage would have been more than 60%. I figured I only needed 58% on it to get my average into B class range (if I'm figuring this duplicate thing correctly.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shot this one today and as usual instead of the classifier stage just being another stage in the match I let it get to me and didn't shoot it the way I know I could and it all went down the tubes. Lets just say it won't count on anybodys list! I shot it in 6.something and several penalties. Hey I had some misses but at least I missed fast right!

• 8 months later...

We shot this one at a local match yesterday.

5.76 seconds, 54 points, 9.3750 HF

Looks like it'll be my third Production GM classifier. :surprise:

I didn't review all 12 shots, but my draw was a fairly pedestrian 1.29 seconds, with 0.2 second splits, and 0.4 second transitions. I'm always amazed at the number of people who post on these forums about 0.8 second draws, 0.1 second splits, and 0.2 second transitions. I didn't look at the shot to shot reload time.

mattk

Matt are you implying that the folks who post their .8 draws/.1 splits/.2 transitions are, well, um...

well....what I mean is...

do you think that they're perhaps...

MAKING STUFF UP?

No way. Not on the internet. Not here.

FY42385

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I shot this today with Lea County Action Shooters in Hobbs, NM.

Shooting Production

All Alphas but it took me 20.26 seconds for a 2.9615 Hit Factor.

ClassifierCalc.com says 30.1277%

CmCalc.com shows 30.12763565%

Doesn't look like I'll be getting out of D Class this month.

EDIT: BTW, I started right to left, reloaded, and went back left to right. I had a minor brain fart when I thought I put one in the black on T2, and spent an extra second or so staring at it while deciding whether or not to shoot it again - which would have been a major brain fart.

Edited by mgood

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...