Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accelerator

warpspeed

World Record - Accelerator - Max Michel - 8.94 total - 2.23 avg. - 2007

OK, so here is the stage description and a picture of how they have it set up on the Shoot-off range. Times should be in low 2's :)

post-2167-1141533418.jpg

post-2167-1141533443.jpg

5,4,1,2 Stop

Yep <_< Yep thats the ticket B) I like it... it is not the same stage for all levels of shooters.

The Average shooter would want to shoot it ... 2-1 5-4 ...Stop

Or a 1.15--1,20+ first shot on #5 + .30--.35 split to #4 ...+ .30 split to # 2..+ .30- split to #1 .30- split to the stop. For my first time 'Goal plan' = not shooting it yet, & just seeing it for the first time tonight.

But I also thought that we could shoot Pendulum in a 2.80 average

My goal for this is 2.50 for a worm run and 2.90 as a cold run 11.50 average

<_< I think the top 20 run will be 9.75 average ;)

:rolleyes: I like it! :wub:

Jamie Foote

Edited by AlamoShooter

That 10" plate is going to sucker a lot of people.. Might be worth drawing to if you can't hit a solid index on it.

I 'think' your right... that would be the smart $$$ way to do it and post Clean runs.

Build off of the Five to Go #1 plate draw time, If you 'Indexed on plate 3 plate 1 is a littel farther left than #1 on five to go. I layed it out on my SC plan. If they shooter indexes on plate #4 the first plate would be in same place as the first plate for Fv t Go & #2 on Smoke and Hope the new plate #2 is very close to the #2 in Fv t Go.

Plat #1 is 23~ degrees to the left of center and #5 is 19~degrees right of center for a total swing of 42 degrees. for Eccelerator. Showdown only has 19deg. and Smoke& Hope has 70deg Speed Option has 40degrees of swing and Pendulum has 26 deg.

So Shred is right about #1 and that the stage is good because =' No eazy Way'

5-4 is very much like 5-4 on Speed Option.

Mike F was suprised that this weekends test made it to the Forum. so this may stay or it may change. I let him know that Linda and I liked it. our club will set it up at the next match, and have every one shoot it twice to test it out.

Jamie

I would actually probably go 5, 4, 2, 1, stop. I really don't like the long transition to the smallest plate in the stage...I would rather have a much faster transition to the rectangle, really followthrough on the 10 inch plate, then just transition to the bigger 12 inch plate.

I would actually probably go 5, 4, 2, 1, stop. I really don't like the long transition to the smallest plate in the stage...I would rather have a much faster transition to the rectangle, really followthrough on the 10 inch plate, then just transition to the bigger 12 inch plate.

From what i understand your 'level' I think you could post the best stage times like that. the stage winner will more than likely do it like that. and do it in a 2.05 the first year.

The 20th to 40th will use a combination of 12 and 54.

Shred is a Marathon 8 stage event kinda guy, I cant get past a sprint on every run of every stage. Shred always beats me, but that is mostly because he is better than me, but I may be a 1/2" taller ;)

drug the plates out and tried this. i think you'll be surprised. shot it a number of ways, but to me, it's plates 4 & 5 that matter, in terms of which one to shoot first. if you shoot #4 first, it's really cake. we shoot that 12" plate on outerlimits quickly-i like to be done with the first 2 plates and outta the box in 1.8, so #4 isn't a problem. either is the rectangle #5. the b&$ch is the transition between them...it's quite wide, as you will see when you set it up. deciding between the two is based on which transition works best. i found that my splits between #4 & #5 were better shooting #4 first. believe me, the transition will be the key.

slight trap with plate #1, cause if you miss, you've already shot #2 and are heading to the stop plate, and have to swing back. not as nasty as #4 on 5 to go, but it's a trap. so, i think i settled on 4-5-1-2-3.

Not having shot it, I'd probably try the same thing-- 4-5-1-2-S. My close-in draw isn't that much better than my further-out draw and except for holding onto the transition to the small plate, it gets the slow shots up out of the way first and there's not much chance of dinging the stop plate before knowing the rest of the hits are there.

I'm not thinking 2.05 though. I'd be doing well to hit under 3 regularly.

Not having shot it, I'd probably try the same thing-- 4-5-1-2-S. My close-in draw isn't that much better than my further-out draw and except for holding onto the transition to the small plate, it gets the slow shots up out of the way first and there's not much chance of dinging the stop plate before knowing the rest of the hits are there.

I'm not thinking 2.05 though. I'd be doing well to hit under 3 regularly.

i had a few in the 2.60's when i got all 5. but under 2.9 would be about right fer 4 runs. again, the transitions are what kill ya. it's kinda like showdown in terms of big plate/little plate transitions, but that stage is so narrow and yer shooting it from each side, not in the center. i like the new stage-would prefer they dump pendulum, which is boring to me and has no electricity to it...

Also by going 4, 5, 1, 2, S you are actually transitioning a ton more than you are by going 5, 4, 2, 1, S. Also I am pretty much guaranteed to have a faster draw by drawing to 5 than 4. It may not be the safest way, but I think it is the quickest way.

I would rather not plan on my stage starting with "If I miss."

Edited by Jake Di Vita

<_< I just can't be happy with the plan 'What if I miss' I only have shot one good National shoot though. But if I travel 1400 miles to shoot <_< I wanta swing for the fence.

For me the entire event is me and the Clock, how I finsh compared to other shooters is not very important to me. My worst year I had the Montra ' Don't Back Down' even with the first run in the dirt... the next four I only back off 10%

Shred always has a better overall score... so I am trying to learn what I can, if I can.

Its just that the clock is so small :wacko: ... and my gun is bigger and louder :wacko:

B) No I, wont ...back down ... No I, wont .. Back down B) write me down for a maaaxx time ..But I wont back down. = thats my Elmer Fudd song

Also by going 4, 5, 1, 2, S you are actually transitioning a ton more than you are by going 5, 4, 2, 1, S. Also I am pretty much guaranteed to have a faster draw by drawing to 5 than 4. It may not be the safest way, but I think it is the quickest way.

I would rather not plan on my stage starting with "If I miss."

i don't either-was just pointing out a minor trap.

I liked drawing and transitioning to the big plates.

2-1-5-4-S

The swing from 1 to 5 is long, but easy.

Nobody had any practice time in on this, so it was whatever you guessed was best for match times.

I think I tried my first run shooting the back targets first, and found it to be a few tenths slower.

I'll have to dig the score sheets out, but I think I averaged about 3.3 with the stock Glock (production holster). And, I'm no steel challenge stud, my draw is not at 100%, and this was the first match of the year.

edit to add... Looking at the score sheet, my 4th run was the throw away. So, my 3.3 average included the (slower) first run.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Accelerator Stage set up at my place on Saturday. Started out shooting it 4-5-1-2-S and was in the low 3.00's. After shooting it about 15 runs I started getting under 3.00 sec. runs. Took a break and came back and was in the 2.80's all 5 runs. Tried some other shooting orders but went back to 4-5-1-2-S and was still in the 2.80's. As of right now, I think I would take a under 12.00 sec. score in the match and be pleased, but it is only the first of April and I am going to shoot allot more bullets on this stage and all the others stages before August 19th. :D