Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post Movies Here

benos

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/3/2020 at 11:50 AM, SwedishMoose said:

I highly recommend Knives Out. Fun, talented cast in a whodunnit style where Daniel Craig plays a southern private investigator. 

Daniel Craig should be nominated for the Worst Cajun accent EVER!

Nolan

On 7/21/2020 at 5:58 PM, Nolan said:

Daniel Craig should be nominated for the Worst Cajun accent EVER!

Nolan

Well to be fair we weren't told where he was from, so they got the liberty to have fun with it. I don't know what accent he was going for but I digged it knowing he's British. 

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 1:50 PM, SwedishMoose said:

I highly recommend Knives Out. Fun, talented cast in a whodunnit style where Daniel Craig plays a southern private investigator. 

I thought it was just okay, but I was expecting more of a dark comedy. It was interesting though - kind of like Clue mixed with the Royal Tenenbaums. 

A movie which I can watch over and over is the Revenant. The scenery, the music, all of it. I find it such a work of art, with so many intense scenes. 
It’s the second movie on my top list. Nr.1 will always be Schindlers List.

On 3/28/2021 at 8:48 AM, Dranoel said:

Zatōichi 

I really like both the old Shintaro Katsu movies and the newer (2003) Takeshi Kitano movie.  I have seen most of the 26 original movies, but I haven't seen any of the television series or the 2010 Zatoichi the Last movie.

Nolan

• 3 months later...
On 4/26/2021 at 9:52 AM, Slingrat said:

I thought it was just okay, but I was expecting more of a dark comedy. It was interesting though - kind of like Clue mixed with the Royal Tenenbaums. 

Yeah that's how it was marketed as well. Just a fun whodunnit movie. If you're after another whodunnit, there's an old movie called The Brick that's like a noir high school whodunnit.

On 4/26/2021 at 5:42 PM, Nolan said:

I really like both the old Shintaro Katsu movies and the newer (2003) Takeshi Kitano movie.  I have seen most of the 26 original movies, but I haven't seen any of the television series or the 2010 Zatoichi the Last movie.

Nolan

While I have a great appreciation for the original, it's the 2003 remake that really got me. It has all the elements, assembled masterfully with details that may go unnoticed yet still provide the appropriate hook. The sounds of the rice paddy workers becoming the music for the opening credits is a good example. :)

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...