Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Is Your Absolute Single Favorite Movie?

I dunno, it's kinda like asking what's your favorite song? For what mood, etc etc.

Different movies for different times...

Josie Whales is WAY up there.  Only I've seen it so much, now (like others at the top) I revere it too much to watch it in parts.

Saving Private Ryan was real damn good.  I think Jane Fonda should have to watch loops of Ryan, Hanoi Hilton, and others like it until she dies...or can't like in "JGHG".

Rounders was AWESOME!!! I am not a card guy, more of a pool player since you asked, but Rounders got into the mindset better than the Color of Money with even more realism than The Hustler. Sort of like a Cinncinati Kid for 2000, except with a better ending and more intensity.

5th Element was good, so was Blade Runner, in fact whan I saw ads for 5th I thought at first it was a sequal for Blade Runner.  Similar time  / culture don't you think?  Hey, seen the Mateba revolver? Doesn't the 4" flat sided one look like a good Blade Runer gun?

Jeez, I almost forgot LONG KISS GOODNIGHT.  Excellent!!!  Cool idea, good action, but still fun.  Sam Jackson at his very best. Brian Cox was good too, and tall girl rocked ass.  Rent this tonight!!!

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO, talk about unclear on the concept. The forum is for your favorite movies... this thread is for your absolute favorite single movie. People just can't do it! That's why I haven't posted yet, I can't decide between Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles. :)

"That's FRAHNKenstein!"

"HEDley!"

The Long Kiss Goodnight had one of the absolute worst groaner "How could they be so stupid" moments I've ever seen in a film. Sam Jackson says to the little girl, "You have your mother's eyes. And don't let anyone tell you different." Only, small detail here, he wasn't THERE when the main character told the psycho father, "Look at her eyes." He was in a totally different part of the house, a little busy getting the sh!t kicked out of him. It's one of those moments when you just want to grab the scriptwriter, actor, director, shake them all and scream, "What were you THINKING?"

_Legends of the Fall_.  In how many other movies does the protagonist get revenge for his brother by taking a few scalps?  :^)  I am a little shocked that no one has said _The Empire Strikes Back_.

Lincoln

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This is tough - my pick though

Steel Magnolias

Holy cow, just kidding. Sorry. Gotta be

HEAT

Because it has Ashley Judd, AND full auto CAR15's. Easily the best gunfight ever filmed.

Convincing, powerful performances from Pacino, Kilmer, DeNiro, and Sizemore.

Cinematography and sound that defy description. Turn up that bank robbery on the big screen 5.1 surround and it's like Knob Creek, the USPSA 3 Gun nationals and Mogadishu ALL IN ONE.

And then there's Ashley Judd, all that AND a bag of chips. What more does a movie need?

I have seen and like most of the movies mentioned.

I guess I'd have to say my all time favorite is "Shane" with Allan Ladd.

It's an old one, but for its time, it was very realistic.

No question here.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Favorite Quotes:

"You'll have to answer to the Coca Cola Company" Keenan Wynn

"YeeeHaaaaawwww" Slim Pickens

"Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!" Peter Sellers

POE

Legend of Bagger Vance

Because I do have demons, and I do fight them. This movie simply speaks to me.

Best gun fight - Heat

Most recently watched - The Matrix

Most Inspirational - Jerry Mcguire - because he too is a vulnerable man - and because I "Shoplifted the pooty"

JB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Favorite movie, lets see...

1. Saving Private Ryan, Lonesome Dove(can't decide which is better)

2. Gladiator

3. The Patriot

4. Red Dawn

5. We Were Soldiers

6. Jaws

7. Blackhawk Down

I could go on and on... but I was only suppose to pick one. Sorry :lol:

• 1 year later...