Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Valentines Day Flower Delivery

Tman33_99

Ordered a nice arrangement of Roses and Tulips to be deliverred to my GFs work on Valentines Day....This was orderred on 2/3 from a nationally reconized online florist. No flower delivery yesterday....tried to call today but everytime I get, "sorry we are too busy to mess w/you, please call later". Then at 4:30 today, my GF calls to thank me for the nice geranums and daisies.....WTF....I am so pissed....Still haven't gotten thru to the dipshits....

Well finally got through to 1800flowers.com. After my pissing and bitching, they are going to issue me a full refund AFTER they pick up the flowers already delivered. I cannot believe this shit, and I will refuse to do business with them again. They should be bending over backwards to make this right, and they just screwed it up even worse.

Well finally got through to 1800flowers.com. After my pissing and bitching, they are going to issue me a full refund AFTER they pick up the flowers already delivered. I cannot believe this shit, and I will refuse to do business with them again. They should be bending over backwards to make this right, and they just screwed it up even worse.

Drop a little bleach in the water....

Sorry you had problems with flowers, that strikes close to home as my wife and I own a flower shop.

Not a rebuttal, just for clarification: 1800Flowers doesn't do anything but act as the middle man between you and a local florist. You drop your dime to them, they contact a local florist, the local florist actually fills the order, 1800Flowers keeps a portion of the $$. They're just a flower pimp, as it were. The more middle men there are, the fewer flowers your GF receives.

As a shop owner, I know from whence you speak, as they are a real PITA to deal with on my end, too. Also, the shop that filled the order probably doesn't have a clue that you're pissed. Find out which shop it is and maybe they will straighten it out for you. You're absolutely right, they SHOULD be bending over backwards for you. My shop would do whatever it took to make it right, period. Customer service is our life.

As a supportive contribution (per the rules of this forum), I would recommend finding a local florist in your GF's area that can and will provide good service. Sometimes a flower is all a girl wants................:) Even a single rose in a vase every so often will speak more eloquently than us guys ever could.

Let me know if I can help and please don't lump all of US in with THEM. :)

Rich (did I mention that 1800Flowers is a PITA?)

I've run into it with them and other national referral chains.

What I hate is the gouging. And again being a service industry, you'd think there would be some effort to go over the top and impress.

It takes one bad experience, and ten to fix it.

As a supportive contribution (per the rules of this forum), I would recommend finding a local florist in your GF's area that can and will provide good service. Sometimes a flower is all a girl wants................:) Even a single rose in a vase every so often will speak more eloquently than us guys ever could.

Let me know if I can help and please don't lump all of US in with THEM. :)

Thanks for the suggestion, that is what I was thinking also. In the past, I used to do a search to find the florist nearest to where I wanted and call the shop direct. This always worked, but took a lot of time. Using the internet for one stop shopping was so easy, but I will never do flowers through them again.

I've had trouble with national numbers for flowers as well. These days, I just drop in at the local florists, and make the arrangements myself.

The other way I can recommend to get it done, if you're travelling somewhere for Valentine's day: Call the hotel, describe in detail what you need or want, offer them a credit card number, and your significant other can be blown away by finding a beautiful bouquet of flowers in the room upon check-in.......

Man, that would really suck. You do your best to get flowers there to your lady, and they botch it up for you. I would be super-f'in-pissed (to quote Tarantino).

I've been using ProFlowers.com - haven't had a problem with them delivering on time, and the flowers generally show up fresher, looking better, and lasting longer than florist delivered flowers. The one problem I've had (a vase arrived broken), they corrected it immediately (refunded cost of the case, or would have shipped another vase). My wife says she prefers their flowers, even though she has to arrange them when they arrive.

This doesn't support the locals... but the product is generally less expensive (or the same), and gets there on time (in my experience).

Did some digging and found a reputable shop near my GFs work. They are going to deliver dozen roses today by 2:00, and are going to charge me the normal rate (not the inflated valentines rate). These guys will get a lot more of my business if they come thru.

Same thing happened to me. I ordered on 2/13, and according to their website they guaranteed delivery for 2/14. I paid a premium fee for delivery on the next day. No flowers arrived for my wife. I was pretty steamed.

I tried calling their customer support line for about 30 minutes solid. Luckily, I was at work at just kept hitting the redial button. After I finally got through, I was on hold for another 30 minutes. Asked them to cancel the order and give me a full refund. They did, but I will be checking my cc statement to make sure.

For those tempted to add a rebuttal to this because I waited til the last minute: If the web site was honest with me, and said they could not guarantee delivery on 2/14, I would have bought the roses the old fashioned way and presented them at home. They promised delivery on 2/14, and they didn't come through.

Did some digging and found a reputable shop near my GFs work. They are going to deliver dozen roses today by 2:00, and are going to charge me the normal rate (not the inflated valentines rate). These guys will get a lot more of my business if they come thru.

Tman,

Glad you were able to work something out and hope she enjoys the flowers. Just FYI, us florists make less per rose at V-Day than at any other time of the year due to the producers' price jacking/gouging. The only way I come out on it is by sheer volume.

Rich (don't blame me, I'm just a small business owner!!!) in VA

• 10 years later...

This Hate rant has turned into a discussion, which is beyond the bounds of the rules for the Hate Forum. Thus, it must be closed.Please review the Hate Forum Rules:http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097[note: this is a generic response]