Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you are on vacation at Ruby Falls/Rock City, Lost Sea(an underground lake and caves in TN) or some of the attractions at Disney and you look around and think, Wow, this would make a cool 3 gun stage (Example, unloaded gun start with shotgun in "its a small world", par time of 60seconds and 5 points a doll, or sitting in the front seat of the Expedition Everest roller coaster engaging targets with your rifle)

Hurley

when every pair of pants on your bedroom floor has a pair of earplugs in the pocket.

when you have a handful of eyeglasses of different prescriptions, each enshrined in a hardcase and labeled with the glasses' application - RIFLE, Iron Sights; PISTOL Optics; PISTOL Irons; etc

Mark

When you are on vacation at Ruby Falls/Rock City, Lost Sea(an underground lake and caves in TN) or some of the attractions at Disney and you look around and think, Wow, this would make a cool 3 gun stage (Example, unloaded gun start with shotgun in "its a small world", par time of 60seconds and 5 points a doll, or sitting in the front seat of the Expedition Everest roller coaster engaging targets with your rifle)

Hurley

Imagine running the rope bridge and having targets set up back at the ledge.

Hurley

Im sure there has been more than one person get about halfway through that ride and want to start unloading a wave of gunfire...

Ive ridden that ride once, when I was about 8. And I wanted to shoot everything in there.

How about when your co workers know YOUR parking spot by the spent brass casings on the ground that fall out of your car every time you open the door....

Or when you get pulled over and the first words out of your mouth are "Officer, I have a butt load of guns in the car...." and the next answer is "Honestly I don't know how many, maybe 10...."

When your gun collection is your retirement....

When you get to talking with a new friend about guns, and realize you have one of everything he is talking about already.

When you already have to buy another gunsafe.... again... this year....

When pay day consists of getting that new gun out of lay away, and putting the next one in....

Your gun broker feedback rating is in the triple digits, and your not a seller...

Your wife gives you a strange look. You then realize how goofy you look behind your Dillon press, wearing nothing your boxer shorts, safety glasses, ear plugs, and a headlamp...

The post office lady hates you... Now she just backs her truck up to your front door, opens the back, and knocks... Thats how you know your montana gold order just came in.

You buy ammo and accessories for guns you haven't even bought yet.

Your budget line items break down as follows:

Bills, groceries, and non-gun related stuff.

Reloading Gear

Reloading Components

Competition Fee's and Expenses

New Guns

Gun Maintenence

Gun Projects

Misc. Gun Stuff

Edited by lee blackman

Or when you get pulled over and the first words out of your mouth are "Officer, I have a butt load of guns in the car...." and the next answer is "Honestly I don't know how many, maybe 10...."

I got pulled over in north Texas several years back. I was in LE at the time and on my way to a Pat Rogers carbine class. The officers eyes got really big when he looked in the back seat of my truck and saw 3 decked out ARs 2 pistols and about 4k rounds of ammo total with about 40 mags. Luckily he saw my badge before he had a heart attack.

When a woman comes on the forums and asks about handling six inches and all we do is recommend limited gun builders!

I must not be a shooter then. Cause I typed several replies to that post and kept deciding not to submit. !!!!in fact the replies are still forming in my mind and none are shooting related.

• 4 weeks later...

When you learn your spending a few days out of town for work, and your gun, belt rig, a few targets and tape, and dummy rounds for dry firing in the hotel room are packed before socks & underwear....

Guilty. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When a coworker is talking about an episode of Doomsday Preppers and says "That guy had 10k rounds of ammo....." and the first thought in your mind is "F'in lightweight......"

Another coworker doesn't talk about Call Of Duty around me anymore because I get a smirk on my face. He asked me how much time I played last weekend. I told him that I don't play COD, I shoot real guns.

Your office manager emails you a link to a gunbroker listing to ask if you think it's a good deal.