Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...when you find brass casings on the floor of your car, in your pockets, in your purse, in strange places on the floor of your house...

...when your vacuum cleaner sucks up primers off the floor.....

...when your computer wallpaper is a close-up of your 1911... (or little ipsc targets, whatever) :D

...when you won't buy levis that won't take a wide gun-belt or that don't have just the right pocket for your Streamlight...

...when 'going shopping' means, "I hope Bi-Mart has primers/.22 ammo/Clay's powder on sale...!"

...when you walk into the local gun shop and the owner immediately pulls out every consigned handgun currently for sale that he KNOWS you'll want to look at anyway.

...when you find brass casings on the floor of your car, in your pockets, in your purse, in strange places on the floor of your house...

...when your vacuum cleaner sucks up primers off the floor.....

...when your computer wallpaper is a close-up of your 1911... (or little ipsc targets, whatever) :D

...when you won't buy levis that won't take a wide gun-belt or that don't have just the right pocket for your Streamlight...

...when 'going shopping' means, "I hope Bi-Mart has primers/.22 ammo/Clay's powder on sale...!"

...when you walk into the local gun shop and the owner immediately pulls out every consigned handgun currently for sale that he KNOWS you'll want to look at anyway.

Bi Mart? ,and you have time to vacuum

There's always at least one set of the yellow EAR plugs that come out of the dryer with clean clothes. All your non-shooting friends know that you always have a set of EAR plugs and a knife in your pocket.

There's always at least one set of the yellow EAR plugs that come out of the dryer with clean clothes. All your non-shooting friends know that you always have a set of EAR plugs and a knife in your pocket.

Gosh, This is so true :lol::lol::lol:

dj

Your gun room has Camo blinds.

The coat that your wife made you is out of camo material and has pockets for mags inside the pockets.

You take a tape measure with you when you are shopping for cars to see if your gun box will fit into the trunk.

A heart surgeon calls you for advise on guns or shooting problems.

The neighbors call and ask on New Year's eve if you'll be firing blanks into the air and want to come over.

On the morning of your wedding you buy yourself a nice 44magnum lever gun as a wedding present, the best man is helping by paying for the ammo, and one of the groomsmen is getting the gunbag and cleaning kit sorted.

All three of you are in your morning suits, although still looking somewhat dishevelled from the previous nights entertainment.

Not me, but I did give him a good price on the ammo.

I think the best I have heard ( and which I have been guilty of ) is when you pick up and save brass for firearms you do not even own....yet.

True, oh how true.

I can't let good rifle brass lie on the ground even if I don't have a gun in that calibre, I pick it up and save it (tumble it too...just in case..).

I have reloaded practice ammo and hunting ammo for friends with brass found on the range.

I reload for my hunting buddies if they provide dies, brass, powder and bullets.

You take a tape measure with you when you are shopping for cars to see if your gun box will fit into the trunk.

Or,

You take your biggest rifle case with you car shopping to make sure it fits in the trunk before you buy.

(didn't seem to bother the salesman, anyway)

You see what kind of splits you can get with the stopwatch feature of your wristwatch while waiting for an appointment.

You do eye exercises while waiting for an appointment.

You airgun stuff on the wall while waiting for the doctor.

You have certain Brownell's stock numbers memorized.

Your car is filthy, but your reloading bench is spotless.

You get up earlier on Saturday and Sunday for shoots than you do all week long for work.

You get pissed off when a club shuts down for weather.

You work extra hard to stay on top of other things so that your weekends and vacation are completely dedicated to shooting.

You take more than 4 phone calls a day where you discuss match scores and gear.

When Your at a Match All Day.

You come home with a couple of your shooting Buddies and pop in the video of the match and start watching it and commenting on each others match performance.

Then something comes up while you are watching the video, so you whip out the front sight magazine and start looking through it

Your wife goes ballistic and says WTF your been gone all day, your watching a video of the match and your looking through a shooting magazine...... Quote "Are you obsessed"

I look at her and say. Kinda Answered your own question didn't you?

Of course we all LOL!

You bring your limited gun to your eye doctor to make sure the new glasses are dead on for front sight distance...

You check your home range's schedule for the local PD qualification days so you can be the first to scrounge the brass...

You do laps on the promenade deck of your cruise ship, airgunning as you go...

The authors of the reading you bring on your vacation are Enos, Bassham and Kirsch...

You close the door of your office at lunch, not because you want privacy as you eat, but so you can dryfire the classifier diagram you taped to the back...

Your family always gives you the best gift for Father's Day - another day at the range...

:D