Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Everything we know about IPSC

Yeh... I had a little bit of #104 to deal with just lately. But that was OK... I learned. (I might've even had a touch of #49 at the same time.)

#72 will happen later in the year.

And #200 will save your soul every time in every case...

This has been a landmark forum thread. Well worth printing out.

I'm not sure what number we're on, but...

105. Never forget what is important in your life, because that is what defines your work and your play. I got back from the SHOT Show with all this gun stuff swirling around my head, trying to ramp up for the new competition season, hammering a gunsmith to get my new blaster to me in time, blah blah. I walked right into a cancer scare with my girlfriend. Everything worked out great, but it has been a long week. I was reminded that our lives hang by a thread, outside of our longest reach. I hope that when I step to the line again, regardless of the outcome, I will remember that this is a game I play, and the greatest gift I can give my fellow competitors is to play it with humility and some semblence of grace.

mb

108. Once you get a stage plan in your head, do not change it after watching another shooter do something differently. UNLESS...you are absolutely CERTAIN you can apply it without any hesitation or uncertainty.

The plan you have SET is almost always better.

109. If you arrive early to help set up a club match, you can really get a good feel for the stages. And, it's the right thing to do.

• 2 months later...

Corrugated Cardboard does not have emotions or feelings Do not be afraid to whack the little bastards severely and without restraint or mercy. They will do everything in their power to mock and humiliate you.

Kill the cardboard now, for it is laughing at all who miss.

However, one must learn to respect the Steel. Never miss those little bastards.

• 2 years later...