Weigand Smith & Wesson Rear Sight Blade

nvmichael

After installing the Weigand Smith & Wesson Rear Sight

Blade there is a small amount of up and down play. Is

this normal? The new Weigand blade moves in existing

S&W windage slot. I know it can't be to tight, no

windage adj., but seems to have a little more play

then normal.

Does anyone use this blade. Makes a great sight btw.

Has anyone encountered this problem. If so, what did you do to correct?

Thanks

NV,

The play "is" normal. I installed one on my 625 recently and it did the same thing.

Not much you can do about it though.

I have also gone back to factory rear sights.

The Weigand "hangs" out the back just enough to catch my thumb swinging over the hammer during the draw and also the reload. Not good for me !!

Good sight though, accurate !!!

Dan

NV,

The play "is" normal. I installed one on my 625 recently and it did the same thing.

Not much you can do about it though.

I have also gone back to factory rear sights.

The Weigand "hangs" out the back just enough to catch my thumb swinging over the hammer during the draw and also the reload. Not good for me !!

Good sight though, accurate !!!

Dan

jeez, you liked that sight so much I thought a tough guy like you would just take a pocket knife to the thumb and make the necessary adjustments...

good luck back east and go easy on Jerry, he's getting old ya know...

michaels

Mine would wiggle, too so after I got it zero'd I put some black silicon under it and it doesn't move anymore.

A buddy of mine with a steady hand drilled and tapped the blade and put in a set screw. that works too

Sam has one on his 646, but there are two things I don't like about the Weigand blade: (1) the exact problem you described, and (2) it's aluminum, so once the edges turn silver it can't be cold-blued back to black.

I've been a big fan of the Millett rear sight assembly, and have used them on most of my competition revos for 15+ years. Great product.

Mike

Sam has one on his 646, but there are two things I don't like about the Weigand blade:  (1) the exact problem you described, and (2) it's aluminum, so once the edges turn silver it can't be cold-blued back to black. 

I've been a big fan of the Millett rear sight assembly, and have used them on most of my competition revos for 15+ years.  Great product.

Mike

Mike

Mine must be old. Birchwood Casey AlumaBlack. Looks like they call it

Aluminum Black now. But it works quite good.

Try this,

Aluminum Black® Metal Finish http://www.birchwoodcasey.com/sport/index.html

The room temperature chemical used by gunsmiths and industry to blacken aluminum parts. Restores scratched and marred areas quickly. Fast-acting liquid is easy to apply with no dimensional change. Color will vary from deep gray to black depending on alloy. ALUMINUM BLACK Metal Finish is also excellent for blackening name plates, plaques, trophies and other engraved items.

FWIW,

I also prefer the Millet Assembly (medium) and all my revos (S&Ws) have them on them.

My reason:

I started Shooting USPSA with a Para p-16-40 and when I switched to Revo the sight picture did not look the same, found a millet tried it and YEE-HAA the same sight picture as the Para !!!! :)

Now have found out it is a really, really, rugged sight..... well worth the price if you ask me..... Oh yeah, I prefer the all black front and back sights, no fiber optic no gold dot no white outline just black.

But what works for me may not for you, test, find out what works for you !!!!!

Hope that helps......

Hopalong

Oh and Carmoney, see your new master thread, the new master has something to say !!!!!!