Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

super 1050 case feeder issues / parts question

I have been having an issue with my case feeder on my 1050.  Brass gets stuck in the adapter I am loading only .40 using the purple adapter.  I tried sanding it, polishing it, even drilling it out larger.  

With that said its now jacked up enough that I need a new one.  Does anyone use the 10mm one for .40?  If I look on dillon site I dont even see the purple one being an option on the 1050 case feeder, it does show as an option on the 650 parts.  

1050 case feeder parts

https://www.dillonprecision.com/rl1050-super1050-casefeed-adapters_8_51_25628.html

650 parts

https://www.dillonprecision.com/xl650-case-feed-adapter_8_50_25287.html

Is your brass free of debris?  If you lube the cases, which is a good idea IMO, a bit of tumbling media can get stuck to it and jam things up in the casefeed adapter.  If that isn't it what was hanging up?  Did the casefeed adapter have burrs or something?

I wet tumble and lube the brass. The brass is getting stuck because its kicking out.   So the next brass in line is stuck between the tube and the inner lip of the adapter.  Its somewhat wedging itself in there. 

The Super 1050 uses a green adapter for 40 S&W. The I. D. measures about .460", so unless a blister formed inside the adapter when it was molded, cases should freely drop through the adapter.

I'm wondering where the purple casefeed adapter came from? On the Excel spreadsheet for the 1050 they don't show anything as being purple. Could someone have included that by mistake in with a conversion kit you bought?