Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Style STI Mags

Majja

Has any one gotten their hands on the new STI mag tubes and if so what do you think.  I want to replace a couple of my older mags and am looking at either these or MBX.  I am shooting 38SC in a std SVI plastic Grip.

6 minutes ago, Majja said:

Has any one gotten their hands on the new STI mag tubes and if so what do you think.  I want to replace a couple of my older mags and am looking at either these or MBX.  I am shooting 38SC in a std SVI plastic Grip.

Why not SVI tubes?

2 hours ago, Majja said:

YES- I did a small info on them a few weeks ago- look under my profile and read that-

11 hours ago, redfisher said:

Why not SVI tubes?

I have looked but my older STI tubes were the ones that never gave me problems were my SVI's were.  Are the new SVI tubes worth the premium that they are asking over the STI's?

I don't know if your on FB or if he is on here but Dillen Easly has been running the new STI mags pretty hard in 3gun with good success. If your on Facebook look him up or his shooter page. He posted about them just a month ago or so. 

1 hour ago, EEH said:

I would like to have his range.

You and me both.  Hell I would be happy with just a few of those IPSC targets and not having to drive 45 minutes out to the desert to find a place to shoot as well.  

i  have 2 of the NEW STI mags- replaced the inside with Grams- hold 29 rounds!

No spacers in the new ones- and if it matters they have witness holes - have run

both mags in 4 matches so far- every bit as good as my MBX mags- 

21 minutes ago, cferree said:

Whose got them in stock?  Most places I've looked are either out or on back order.

I'm looking for 9/38 140's.

Midwayusa has some in stock, but they are a bit more money than other places

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/525182/sti-magazine-sti-2011-140mm-9mm-luger-21-round-stainless-steel

23 hours ago, Rolex said:

i  have 2 of the NEW STI mags- replaced the inside with Grams- hold 29 rounds!

Brazos and others say 26 rounds, you say 29 - why such a HUGE difference?  And you get 29 with Grams, not some super-skinny follower.

5 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

Brazos and others say 26 rounds, you say 29 - why such a HUGE difference?  And you get 29 with Grams, not some super-skinny follower.

Grams springs/followers and TTi base pad-

26 if you use as supplied from STI-

Edited by Rolex

That's what I thought, their follower is bulky, nice to know you get 29 with Grams!  I do love their followers.  They still fit the gauge with that pad?  Asking, because tube dimensions might be slightly different.

With the current SVI tubes Grams follower gives me 28 rounds, which is plenty in many cases.  The SVI followers bring that to 29. 

I do like the look of the new STI tubes - it is well defined and crisp, with clean lines, so I am curious to try it.