Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Big time Noob from NM

Jcgatus

Just received my USPSA ID to shoot at the NM sectionals. Whats pretty hilarious is that it will only be my 3rd USPSA match. My first one was an all classifier stage. Second, I shot one stage due to a holster malfunction. And i plan to shoot one last one before the sectionals. Why am I feeling ballsy to shoot it? Well, I deploy 3 days after the sectionals to the gas box in the middle east and would like to do something memorable before i leave home.

Coming from IDPA, I prefer this side of the line way more. Too much rules in IDPA. However, i will stick to both. Idpa keeps me focused on accuracy, USPSA trains my speed, stage prep, and more. 

Any advice on level 2 matches? 

JC - Thank you for your service and be safe out there...both on the sand and the course. :) 

Just have fun and enjoy it...that's about all the advice I have.  I've never shot a Level II, but it sounds like you are raring to go and just want to have fun with it, so why the heck not.  Just go over your equipment a couple of days before (or a few days) to make sure that everything is in order, so you won't have any malfunctions. :) 

Welcome!  Sorry about the holster malfunction at the La Luz match, but thank you for coming out to shoot our match.  I assume the third match you are talking about will be In Las Cruces?  I will more than likely see you there!

Diana

Diana,

I had a backup holster, however, I really had to go. Sundays are cut for church days. I just really needed to shoot!

I have  yet to meet you Ms. Diana but have seen you shoot! Very inspirational and motivating. How long have you been shooting Ma'am?

John,

Yeah, I don't know why our club shoots on Sunday....  I have a couple friends who would like to attend but are unable to as well due to church obligations.  But it has been that way for 30 years I believe and I doubt it will get changed!

I will certainly look for you this Saturday and introduce myself!  Thank you for your compliments, undeserved but very kind.  I started shooting in 2013, so 4 years.  

Las cruces is having an all steel match on Thursday nights at 6:00 or 6:30.  You might consider shooting that.  It is a ton of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard and as always, thank you for your service!

I moved from NM 2 years ago and would have enjoyed connecting with everyone.  I was too busy working, doing falconry and sporting clays to do much with my pistols.  I know there are great clubs there and NM is fortunate to have the Whittington Center in Raton.