Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta Citori XT stock is loose (help)

Dutchman195

My Stock is coming loose from the receiver. seems that there is about a 1/8th inch of play. Read online that there is a screw that mounts the stock to the receiver but I cant get it to tighten down for the life of me. Is there something I'm missing.

Can't take the but pad off to look at the screw so everything is kinda by feel. Which is admittedly the first problem ha.

Hello: If it is a Beretta you will have to remove the butt pad first. There should be two phillips head screws holding it on. Use a number 2 philiips screw driver. Puts some vaseline or silicon grease on the screw driver so you don't damage the butt pad. Once the pad is removed look down the hole in the stock to see the retaining bolt. Tighten it up to about 6-10 foot pounds. Tight but not crush it down tight. If this does not work for your shotgun give BROWNING a call and see what they say. Thanks, Eric

for a browning citori the directions above are pretty much spot on, and is the same for most other shotguns . whatever you do, do not continue shooting the gun with the butt stock loose, you will damage it.

• 1 month later...

Yes recoil will damage the stock. I'm assuming it's a Browning since Beretta didn't make the Citori. Like Eric said the pad will have to come off to access the stock bolt hole. It should take a flat head screwdriver for the stockbolt. 

br-citori.gif