Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver in production

woodrow

Im new to revo so we apologize if this has been covered. But the rule im production says "Any DAO or DA/SA revolver with a barrel length of up to 8.5" is approved" 

Now does that mean ANY or does it mean any as long as it follows production guidelines such as no external modifications and a duty holster?

Im trying to find out if I cam run my usual revo rig in production or if I have to set up a different rig for that. Thanks advance guys!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Well not "NO" external mods, but only approved external mods like you can use any grip you would like. or change the sights ect. and now just recently it became OK to use any hammer you would like. The new hammer ruling removes the main reason I have never shot any of my revo's in production. 

Thanks for the info guys!

So extended releases are ok too? This can become a very cool path to venture down. If the gun as is can be in both revo and production then even better.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, alecmc said:

so are aftermarket hammers allowed in production now ( ie - apex / tk hammer )

Yes per a recent ruling, that has caused a bit of commotion with the production crowd.

(4/12/17 effective date)

"As long as the internal parts of the hammer used as a replacement function identically to the internals on the OFM hammer, replacing the hammer is allowed, despite the outward appearance. For example, an OFM hammer that functions as part of a decocking system can be replaced with an aftermarket hammer that looks externally different as long as it continues to function as a decocker hammer. Changing the function to a manually decocked hammer is not allowed, as this essentially changes the model of firearm."

Interesting, I hadn't interpreted that ruling like that, I was thinking it could be just another factory hammer. Thanks for the heads up. 

I might have to go find a holster.

Yes per a recent ruling, that has caused a bit of commotion with the production crowd.

(4/12/17 effective date)

"As long as the internal parts of the hammer used as a replacement function identically to the internals on the OFM hammer, replacing the hammer is allowed, despite the outward appearance. For example, an OFM hammer that functions as part of a decocking system can be replaced with an aftermarket hammer that looks externally different as long as it continues to function as a decocker hammer. Changing the function to a manually decocked hammer is not allowed, as this essentially changes the model of firearm."

Aftermarket bobbed hammers do not have a single action notch, therefore they do change the function. While we do need a clarification from the DNROI, I currently believe the ruling does not apply.

1 hour ago, PatJones said:

Aftermarket bobbed hammers do not have a single action notch, therefore they do change the function. While we do need a clarification from the DNROI, I currently believe the ruling does not apply.

Hadn't thought about that, but although the geometry is different and it doesn't feel right, I can pull my apex hammer back and have it catch in single action mode. no its not on a regular SA notch and the trigger feels like crap, it still functions, and I would argue that per the description in the ruling it "function identically to the internals on the OFM hammer" per the example given in the ruling it hasn't changed the mode of operation of the trigger, and the CZ hammers the ruling targeted have different internal geometry.