Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited .40 trigger???

I recently picked up a CZ TS and love the trigger.  Thinking about staying in Limited for awhile and would want a backup gun.  Shooting Tanfo in Production I seem to prefer the ergos on the Tanfo/CZ guns.

How does the trigger on a Limited compare to the CZ TS?  Not looking for another multi-hundred dollar upgrade project just to be shootable.

22 minutes ago, SoCalShooter69 said:

The tanfo SAO trigger is by far my favorite. Just swap it in, and adjust the pre/post travel screws. Or take the pre out and use a bolo. 

I'm trying to figure out if I can buy a Tanfo and just shoot it.  The CZ TS I got is very shootable stock.  I'll eventually put in a metal trigger.  I don't want a $1200 new gun that has to have $300 in upgrades immediately.  I might just be better off buying another CZ TS but I like variety.

3 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

I'm trying to figure out if I can buy a Tanfo and just shoot it.  The CZ TS I got is very shootable stock.  I'll eventually put in a metal trigger.  I don't want a $1200 new gun that has to have $300 in upgrades immediately.  I might just be better off buying another CZ TS but I like variety.

As much of a tanfo fanboi as I am, I have to be honest that you'll not beat the TS out of the box, with anything in the tanfo line up.

2 minutes ago, SoCalShooter69 said:

As much of a tanfo fanboi as I am, I have to be honest that you'll not beat the TS out of the box, with anything in the tanfo line up.

That's the kind of opinion I'm looking for.  I love my Lim Pro for Production but would rather spend on mags than must have trigger parts.  

3 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

That's the kind of opinion I'm looking for.  I love my Lim Pro for Production but would rather spend on mags than must have trigger parts.  

The mono trigger bar of the TS is unbeatable out of the box. You can get a better trigger in the limited, but it'll cost you a hammer, bolo, etc.

Actually, I'm more biased to the tanfo...AFTER simple and cheap prep work.  do the full polish route and swap in Patriot Defense optimized sear spring and trigger return spring.  easily (imho) equal to the CZ if no superior.

17 hours ago, aandabooks said:

You know you want to buy a TS Orange.  Buy a TS Orange. ;)

I have a CZ TS, a Tanfo Limited Elite, and a Match Xtreme. In my opinion the TS is better out of the box, but the TS and the limited elite both need better grips and sights right away (Dawson FTW).  The polymer trigger on the TS is nice but, I found that in matches the polymer tends to feel like it is flexing and moving some (probably just amped up) either way I replaced both triggers.  The semi-flat Tanfo trigger much better than the CZC flat trigger. 

Once those items were replaced on both guns the limited was far better in my opinion.  The ergos, checkering, and fit and finish are better on the Tanfo in my opinion.

I did end up doing grips, sights, hammer and sear, Magwell on both guns.

The TS also has extended LHS, CGW bushing, and everything else i could shove in it and it still wasn't as comfortable to shoot or as fast in transition as the limited elite. I do believe the TS held better groups (with the new bushing), that is why I got the match xtreme (6 inch barrel)

In the end both guns will need some upgrades.  I think that Tanfo can run better with fewer upgrades (springs and polish)

I prefer the end result better with my Tanfo's.

Also get ready to drop like 200 bucks getting a stock of extended mags set up.

TSO > Limited Elite in my opinion though.

Edited by billthemarine2862

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2017 at 1:12 PM, billthemarine2862 said:

TSO > Limited Elite in my opinion though.

In your opinion would you still rate the TSO over an Xtreme limited custom assuming the trigger is similar to the one in your Xtreme match?

I would take the Xtreme custom over the TSO. The lightened slide and squared off trigger guard are the reason why.

The Xtreme parts are better than the factory TSO parts in most cases. Better hammer, safety, trigger for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk