Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Akai?

slinginlead

Ok, I am asking to see if there is apparently a problem or if it is just normal business practice.  

I have a friend who sent his Akai pistol in to have a new grip put on.  His old Trinity grip broke and he got a new one and sent it to Shay.  After a year went by, he called and asked what was happening with his pistol.  Shay apologized profusely and said he would start on it ASAP and get it out to him ASAP.  6 months later, no gun.  So a year and a half to work on a pistol and he will not answer emails and you can never get him to answer the phone at work to check the status of work in progress.

Now, there are a few other "Custom gunsmiths" who make guns for our community and I know for a fact you can call them and as far as I know they always answer the phone and if they don't they will return a phone call.    So with AKAI is it natural to take over a year and a half to work on a gun and return it?  I know I have been dealing with him for a while and he is hard to get ahold of and he has never answered an email I have sent to him, I guess cause I am not a GM I don't matter.  

Any input?