Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger vs Anderson resources

bcp

I've got all materials from both men ordered.  I will be reading/watching all of it and making practice routines from it.  I was just wondering what are the main differences between their material?  Or are the differences minor in nature?  Anyone taken classes from both of them and have additional thoughts regarding that?  

It's interesting how they both quickly made GM (in different ways) and of course, they are both known for their teaching and dry fire routines.  I would love to learn from both of them at some point but in the meantime, their materials are enroute.  

Take this with a grain of salt.   I'm a fat, old low B Production shooter.

I have all of both of their books.   If I could only have books by one of them, I would have Anderson.    I like his mental game discussion.

On the drill side, Ben tosses out drill plans dedicated to helping you win matches.   They aren't quite so focused on single issues.   Anderson's first book is focused on helping you make GM.

For the price of a month's worth of practice ammo, you can have all of them.   Read them and try them.    If you are really limited for money.  Buy Ben's Dry Fire Reloaded and the latest version of Skills and Drills.  Then listen to Anderson's podcast.    He gives the mental game away for free.

Thanks Smitty.  That's a great reply.  From what I have read and listened to so far, that's about what I expected to hear.  I do appreciate Anderson's mental game thoughts.  

I forgot to mention that I've been listening to both of their podcasts also.  I found Ben's first and have listened to about the FIRST 15 or so.  Because of Anderson's format, I've listened to the most RECENT 1/2 dozen.  They are quite different from each other but I like that.  If you can ignore (or enjoy) the off beat material then it's great.  Personally, I like both of them and the stuff I don't like...I just ignore it.

On their paid materials, I wouldn't have a problem paying more for them.  They are priced right but worth far more than the cost.  I can't imagine trying to advance competitively without having structure, mentoring and coaching.  Even the truly gifted advance faster with all of that.  The rest of us should pay even more attention to getting that.