Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Creating Training Routine

Hey guys I'm looking for some help making a training routine that is a little different then our standard dry firing programs. As of right now I'm using Stoegers dry fire book for my local match training but need some more help with my work qualifying course (located at the end of post). The scoring is 2 pts per shot with 100 points total. right now I'm shooting around 90/100 average and want to change that to 100/100.

I currently dry fire 7x a week and live fire once a week at my work about 200 rounds split between 25rds, SHO, WHO, and then varying distance. As of right now I am a all over the place with my training and want to tighten it up and focus on drills that will help with my qualification. I'm going to start adding live fire 2x a week 500 rounds each one day rifle(rifle qualification as well) and the other pistol training along with still dry firing 7x a week. Right now I'm thinking of doing the qualification 4x and then speed,transition, and accuracy drills for the rest of the rounds. 

So What drills and training schedule would you guys recommend for me to obtain these goals? I am open to all ideas. Also with this influx of shooting I think I'm going to have to upgrade my lee turret to a 650xl to keep up with my shooting, so any input on if a 650 would be a good choice as well would be appreciated.

Thank you guys for all and any help!

Qualification zone is 9x11 and 5x3 for the head zone

Stage   Distance    Fire    Time          Description

1         25 Yrds.    14     40 Sec.        Fire 7 standing, reload, and fire 7 kneeling

2         15 Yrds.    12     9 Sec.          Fire 6 

9 Sec.          Fire 6

3         10 Yrds.    10     4 Sec.          Fire 3

11 Sec.        Fire 3, reload, and fire 4

4          7 Yrds.       4     2 Sec.          Fire 1 to the head, repeat three times

5          5 Yrds.     10     12 Sec.        Fire 5 strong hand, reload, and fire 5 from the support hand

Edited by crispyrice

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Where are you currently dropping your points, just out of curiosity? 

Do you know where you are consistently missing?

seems to be the knelling portion of the 25yrd or the head shot. usually in one of those or the occasional flyer from not concentration.

Also the qualification zones are 9x11 and 5x3 for the head zone