Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha Mini XL 650 Case Feeder

In an effort to speed reloading/save money, I'm considering the Mini XL 650 Case Feeder over the Dillon case feeder system.  Reviews online are spotty at best.  Has anyone had any real experience with this system?  Can you provide pros/cons vs the hi-dollar Dillon system?  

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been covered before.

So you spend time loading the tubes and THEN you can make ammo or you just fill the tube that comes with the 650 and keep topping it off every once in a while.  I don't see how one is faster than the other but I do get that you maintain a smoother rhythm while reloading if you use a casefeeder, even one that you have to manually fill.  

Way back in the dark ages I had a 650 and no case feeder.  I found a local supplier that had plastic tubing the same ID and OD as the Dillon plastic case tube.  Using those I made some LONG tubes that I manually filled with cases.  I don't recall what this little project cost me but it wasn't much.  Loading the tubes was a pain and I could only make so many rounds before I had to reload the whole lot of them.  In the end I got the Dillon case feeder and have been VERY happy with the addition.  Now I just dump lubed cases into the feeder and start reloading.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the DA case feeder for my 650. I used it for about 3 months, sold it for a small loss and then got the Dillon case feeder. I think that is what will happen after you have had yours a while, it's good but the extra investment is worth it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

On 6/24/2017 at 9:24 AM, CTD_P2A said:

In an effort to speed reloading/save money, I'm considering the Mini XL 650 Case Feeder over the Dillon case feeder system.  Reviews online are spotty at best.  Has anyone had any real experience with this system?  Can you provide pros/cons vs the hi-dollar Dillon system?  

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been covered before.

I don't have any experience with the Mini Case Feed, but do have a MBF and have been very happy with DA in general.  I've seen examples where people are using longer tubes to extend time between having to manually load the tubes, but then again it takes longer to the tubes as well.  I notice it also does not do 45caliber, if that's important to you.

I don't mean this to insult, so please don't take it that way, but if you consider $224 "high dollar" as you mentioned above, Dillon might not be the right reloading manufacturer for you :).  Dillon is not known as a budget type product.

Call Oakwell Armory over in Kingsland, they might have a Demo Casefeeder still they could sell you a bit cheaper than the normal Dillon price.