Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&p-loose warren rear sight.

jeremy kemlo

I just changed my front and rear sights to warren tactical. The rear sight can be moved side to side with my fingers. I can tighten the set screw and it seems to hold well but makes me uneasy. Is the sight going to stay put with a set screw and a little loctite?

Its probably going to be fine with the set screw tight, but for insurance, if you want an interference fit, you can raise a few burrs on the bottom of the sight by hitting it with a center punch at a couple of locations, say one on each side of the set screw. This will displace metal so that hopefully the sight will have some resistance to moving in the slide. 

Mark

Edited by mpom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2017 at 11:03 PM, WarrenZ said:

I had a defective Dawson (milled to small) front sight that I could slide through the slide slot by hand no set screw on the front so I staked it in place by slightly closing the dovetail with a punch not perfect but it worked.

Stake the sight not the dovetail...the sight is a much cheaper part than the slide.

On 8/21/2017 at 2:03 PM, pskys2 said:

Why in the world did S&W design the 2.0 to require the rear sight be removed to take out the safety plunger?

Do you mean the way all M&P's are designed?

9 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Yes, but I only have the 2.0, so wasn't sure if the original M&P was that way.

Yep, they've been like that since the beginning. But I've always put an Apex USB in mine when I first swap the sights, so it's not that big a deal to me. I generally stick with the sights I put on there, so it's a one time thing.