Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from NE PA

TheBig1

I recently became interested in 3 Gun Competitions but had no clue about anything, still don't.  But while watching a few videos this forum was mentioned as a place to find local competitions.  Upon searching the site, I found one person/group in particular who attends a shoot close to me and then it led me to the shooting ranges site.  I figured that I'd join so that I could possibly learn more. 

The club's next 3 Gun is next weekend.  I think that I'm going to take my kids down on Saturday morning, volunteer to help set up, talk to people, observe, watch a few hours of the competition and then make a decision.  Of course I'm sure that I'm already in, but I'm just trying to do this the responsible way instead of showing up with my guns on day 1.

Here's one you'll find funny.  After doing some reading and watching of videos about equipment, I came across one suggesting that at some point a person might want a gun cart.  I'm a DIY'er and I went right to FB.  Within 2 hours I was giving a perfect jogging stroller for my build.  I guess that my mind is already made up.  My 15 and my 14 year old boys will be happy to know that we're most likely going to get involved. They love shooting and reloading.  Now to start the search for a decently priced semiauto shotgun instead of using my 870 Express.

I look forward to looking around, learning, and asking questions when the time is right.

Chad

40 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

Welcome!

And before Jack can ask...What ya shooting besides that 870?

We'll be starting with my G19 and a pretty much bare bones Wyndham AR.

35 minutes ago, Nathanb said:

Where you shooting three gun by you?  

It's just south of Hometown.  I found the info on this site.  It was posted by a guy who's a member of The Blind Squirrel club.  That's the only reason that I would've found it. 

It's about an hour south of me.

Edited by TheBig1

Welcome aboard :)

I'd bring the guns with you, anyway,  iff  you're familiar with

the rules of safety.

Tell them you're a newbie, and they just might say "unload

the guns, and give it a try".

If they do, don't try to impress them with speed - only

safety.

ps.  Thanks, Grump, now I have to come up with 

another line.    :angry:

2 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Welcome aboard :)

I'd bring the guns with you, anyway,  iff  you're familiar with

the rules of safety.

Tell them you're a newbie, and they just might say "unload

the guns, and give it a try".

If they do, don't try to impress them with speed - only

safety.

Thanks Jack.  I'll think about it.  I don't want to force my hand at anything or even feel as if it might happen if I were to take them along.  I know the boys would be busting my stones all day if they knew that we had them along.  I understand what you mean by impressing with safety and not speed.  Thank you for that reminder.

2 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Hahahaha...I knew Grumpy would get into trouble with that one.  That's why I always left that question for Jack, even if I was the first one to respond to the post.  LOL!!!!  :roflol:

11 minutes ago, R1_Demon said:

Hahahaha...I knew Grumpy would get into trouble with that one.  That's why I always left that question for Jack, even if I was the first one to respond to the post.  LOL!!!!  :roflol:

Trouble? I don't think so.