Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR section match

rowdyb

If you want to look at Practicscore the results are here https://practiscore.com/results/new/38033?q_division=5

5th overall for division, 80% of Hwansik, 2 misses.

#1 issue I see, my reloads are not done quick enough to be totally ready to shoot as I arrive into new shooting positions.

#2 issue, not on a stage in the video but I had some issues with gun manipulation picking it up out of a briefcase that cost 2 seconds

I know there is probably a litany of things that you'll see on video but what do you see as the number one issue, same or different than what I see?????

Time for the pot to call the kettle black:

You set up in a position and then push the gun out afterward.  You finish the reload too late to have the gun up and mounted as you decelerate. You're better than I am at it, but not nearly as good as a top shooter like Hopkins or Hwansik.

I saw quite a few positions where it would have shaved a half second off easily.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

23 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Time for the pot to call the kettle black:

^^^ Second this ^^^

On the same subject, in some instances, it looks like you take a really long time to get the mag out of the mag pouch once your hand gets there (presumably trying to get a better grip on the mag???)...maybe I'm off-base with this assessment, but I'm interested if anyone else is noticing this as well.

Also noticing that some of your movements don't appear to be in the most direct line to the next position.  1:25 exemplifies this, but I see it in a few other spots as well.

Just my .02, hope you find it helpful and congrats on the great finish!

I will echo the earlier comments about position entries. You a are waiting until both feet are planted and your body is settled to begin shooting.

You shoot plenty fast, but you can shoot sooner.

This also applies to swingers. It appears that you are waiting for the dwell to break the first shot and you have to rush the second. If you index to the point in space where you know the a zone is going to present itself, you can start blasting as soon as it emerges from behind the barrier. Then track it down to the dwell and break your second shot. You get to ambush twice that way and transition off sooner.

I like your transition skills.

Your overall game is looking spicy!