Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 9mm recoil spring?

Canman

What recoil spring do you recommend. I mostly shoot 125gn lrn 4.0gn bullseye 1.13 OAL and 147gn cast also with bullseye. I just compete for fun so my pf means nothing for now. I did buy a XDM 4.5 in 40cal but haven't installed any aftermarket do dads yet. I am running PRP match trigger in both mine and my sons XDM 9's. I have different powders I could try just have over 20lbs of bullseye on hand. Also what pound spring comes stock in XDM 9mm full size not the competition model?

18 lb. is the stock spring weight.  If you are running the 147's on a soft load, it's ok to run the 14 lb. spring.  If you move down in bullet weight to 124 or 125 gr. to minor power factor, go ahead and move your spring weight up to the 16 lb. 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:49 PM, xd1977 said:

18 lb. is the stock spring weight.  If you are running the 147's on a soft load, it's ok to run the 14 lb. spring.  If you move down in bullet weight to 124 or 125 gr. to minor power factor, go ahead and move your spring weight up to the 16 lb. 

What would you think about the 14# spring with 135gr at 130-132pf?

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:39 AM, cody6477 said:

What would you think about the 14# spring with 135gr at 130-132pf?

You should be fine running the 14# at 130 PF.  Spend the $ for the spring and give it the recoil test.  Make sure it's not slamming into the locking lug and see where your sights are settling after recoil.  If they are riding up and not coming back to your natural point of aim, then you'll probably need to go with the 16#. 

5 hours ago, xd1977 said:

You should be fine running the 14# at 130 PF.  Spend the $ for the spring and give it the recoil test.  Make sure it's not slamming into the locking lug and see where your sights are settling after recoil.  If they are riding up and not coming back to your natural point of aim, then you'll probably need to go with the 16#. 

Thank you!!