Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo limited 40

Well I just got notice that a tanfo witness limited is in stock for me in 40 or

should I hold out for a limited extreme which is 800 more prob or will I dump 800 into the limited and have it better than an extreme

the other one I have been waiting on is the witness limited custom (blue one) 

help me out.   Please.  Pros cons.   

Thanks

There are a couple of YouTube videos featuring ones done up by Henning Shop.  It looks like you can get it and have it all tuned up with his parts plus 5 extended mags for less than the Xtreme. 

8 hours ago, NWfront said:

There are a couple of YouTube videos featuring ones done up by Henning Shop.  It looks like you can get it and have it all tuned up with his parts plus 5 extended mags for less than the Xtreme. 

He'll be better off with a titan hammer and bolo from PD. Springs too.

1 hour ago, SoCalShooter69 said:

He'll be better off with a titan hammer and bolo from PD. Springs too.

?? Limited,  SA only. 

Yes, the bolo can be added to a SA only gun to make the trigger even better.   But.... they are pretty dang good out of the box. 

My recommendation is to detail strip the gun, polish per @MemphisMechanic videos.  (Take extra time to polish the rails for a butter smooth action and the plunger assembly). Then install PD Optimized firing pin return spring, sear spring and trigger spring and run it for a minimum of 1000 rounds.  Then if a even better trigger is desired ... get the bolo and titan hammer.   But most SAO tanfo's  after polishing and running rounds, will be about 2.5-3# trigger and crisp.  A VERY brief smoothing (not even polishing, just smoothing) of the hammer hooks will usually get it to 2-2.5#.

Edited by johnbu

What @OPENB said.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/30600-floating-trigger-pin/

That one. Pushes right into and out of a Tanfo frame with a punch and a tap or two from your palm - no more hammering.

It will induce a little bit of side to side play in the trigger and a pinch of front to rear wiggle. Nothing you'll ever notice while shooting, but it drives some perfectionists nuts playing with a dry gun at home.

Edited by MemphisMechanic