Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Amateur from Albuquerque, New Mexico

Infidel25

Good Evening Gun Nuts!

I'm a 37 yr old former Air Force 'O' who used to do IPSC as a young teenager shooting a Taurus PT99 and a revolver! Getting back into it as my former hobby took me out of the game after suffering a severe concussion (there's nothing soft about a softball). So starting this back up again. Hoping to make some new friends doing a former passion of mine. It's time to get back to it!

See you on the range!

--Erik

Greetings and welcome aboard.  I moved from ABQ a couple of years ago.  Where do you shoot?  Best deal in town was being a member of the Zia club and having a key to the gate.  I definitely miss that!

Welcome from Kentucky, Erik!  Oh I hear ya about being hit with a softball/baseball.  About three weeks ago I was shooting (photography) a CWS Lexington Regional baseball game between Indiana and North Carolina State in Lexington, KY and one of the NC State players (Evan Mendoza) hit a rocket shot of a foul ball right off the bat and it hit me in the head/face while I was shooting him batting.  I took a step or two backwards and went down.  Somehow I didn't lose consciousness and never got a concussion.  I have no clue how, but they still transported me to the local hospital and even stopped the game for about 8 minutes while they attended to me on top of the home team (Indiana) dugout.  Ya, fun stuff.  But I got an article written about me on ESPN.com (and other locations via AP) and ESPN covered me on TV that night and three nights later when I returned to the field to shoot another game, so I guess I'm famous now.  LOL!!!  So, believe me, I feel your pain, literally!  LOL!  Glad to see you are back at it though! :) 

On 6/22/2017 at 3:18 PM, NMBOpen said:

Albuquerque city shooting range, near Double Eagle airport 1st and 3rd Saturdays.n, xt is July 1 08:30 setup. www.rgpsc.com

Online registration now open at https://practiscore.com/rio-grande-practical-shooters-july-2017/register

I have it all marked down on my calendar. Unfortunately, going to miss weekend 1 due to the 4th and taking the family camping to Conchas Lake.

On 6/22/2017 at 7:27 PM, bcp said:

Greetings and welcome aboard.  I moved from ABQ a couple of years ago.  Where do you shoot?  Best deal in town was being a member of the Zia club and having a key to the gate.  I definitely miss that!

Well, given that I'm just getting into it again, only place I've been is Calibers (have a range card that I got off of Groupon with 8 range visits left still). But now that it's warmed up (quite a bit) I'll probably start going to the Shooting Park (my cousin is a rangemaster for CABQ out there). I'll have to check out this Zia club that you reference.

On 6/23/2017 at 0:12 PM, R1_Demon said:

Welcome from Kentucky, Erik!  Oh I hear ya about being hit with a softball/baseball.  About three weeks ago I was shooting (photography) a CWS Lexington Regional baseball game between Indiana and North Carolina State in Lexington, KY and one of the NC State players (Evan Mendoza) hit a rocket shot of a foul ball right off the bat and it hit me in the head/face while I was shooting him batting.  I took a step or two backwards and went down.  Somehow I didn't lose consciousness and never got a concussion.  I have no clue how, but they still transported me to the local hospital and even stopped the game for about 8 minutes while they attended to me on top of the home team (Indiana) dugout.  Ya, fun stuff.  But I got an article written about me on ESPN.com (and other locations via AP) and ESPN covered me on TV that night and three nights later when I returned to the field to shoot another game, so I guess I'm famous now.  LOL!!!  So, believe me, I feel your pain, literally!  LOL!  Glad to see you are back at it though! :) 

On 6/23/2017 at 0:12 PM, R1_Demon said:

I don't know why it's quoting you twice, but that sounds like it hurt. But how cool to be on the field at one of those events. You must be a great cameraman. I look forward to getting back out on the field, but as an umpire. It's district and state little league tournament time around here. So looking forward to that.

10 hours ago, Infidel25 said:

I don't know why it's quoting you twice, but that sounds like it hurt. But how cool to be on the field at one of those events. You must be a great cameraman. I look forward to getting back out on the field, but as an umpire. It's district and state little league tournament time around here. So looking forward to that.

I don't think I wrote down, thank you for your service.  Sorry about that. :(  As a discharged Army vet, I almost always write that to other service members.  I must have got caught up with the baseball thing and forgot. Sorry. :(  But truly, thank you.  Yes, it definitely hurt.  LOL!  The swelling is still there a bit and it happened on June 2nd.  :surprise:  Thank you, I do my best.  I do shoot a lot of sporting events and quite enjoy it.  Sometimes it is hard to decide between shooting sporting events and shooting firearm events.  LOL!  

I give you credit being an umpire.  Especially for higher end games such as district and state.  I don't envy you there; all the people yelling at you if you make a questionable call.  LOL!!  That's a big responsibility, but I could see where it would be exciting and fun too. :)  Very cool.