Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Local Match - C Class Limited

davidb72

I am a B in Production and Single Stack but have just started shooting limited so am classified as a C. (EDIT: Just made B with last night's update)

Please take a look and let me know what you think I could be doing better. The shooting in this video is about as good as it gets for me. I would consider this to be me shooting as well as I can at this point but would like to get better.

Thanks

Edited by davidb72

Looks like a very controlled, measured and well shot run!

Here is what I'm seeing:

When you went to the left for the 2 partials on the end, you probably could have started your shooting a bit sooner (looks like you waited until your feet stopped and were planted).  You could have also probably taken the second target in that far left array a bit sooner in turn as well, maybe on a lean, allowing momentum to carry you out of the shooting area into a hop/plant-aggressive burst back to the right towards the next position instead of closing so tight and then being slow on the exit back right.  You had very little acceleration out of that spot and def. lost time there against "better" shooters.

Additionally, it looks like you might have false started just a tad and it might have thrown off your timing in getting into that first spot as quick as possible.  You might have been able to shave off a half second by bursting forward instead of how it ended up.

Lastly, it looks like your cadence on the partials versus the open targets, on the two sets of 3 target arrays, is identical...meaning you shot the partials the same speed as the wide open target...now based on the hits you reported above, you may or may not be able to pick up the speed on those open targets a bit and maintain your A's and/or go fast enough that C's wouldn't hurt you.

Separate Note:

With respect to stage plan, it looks like this stage made this difficult to avoid, but I personally don't like to exit on steel if at all possible...that might just be a personal thing, but I prefer to exit on the easiest shots if possible.  I MIGHT have gone, angled close - steel - 3 target array pushing into the direction I was about to move.  Might just be personal preference.  

Edited by GorillaTactical

On 6/23/2017 at 9:45 PM, GorillaTactical said:

Looks like a very controlled, measured and well shot run!

Here is what I'm seeing:

When you went to the left for the 2 partials on the end, you probably could have started your shooting a bit sooner (looks like you waited until your feet stopped and were planted).  You could have also probably taken the second target in that far left array a bit sooner in turn as well, maybe on a lean, allowing momentum to carry you out of the shooting area into a hop/plant-aggressive burst back to the right towards the next position instead of closing so tight and then being slow on the exit back right.  You had very little acceleration out of that spot and def. lost time there against "better" shooters.

Additionally, it looks like you might have false started just a tad and it might have thrown off your timing in getting into that first spot as quick as possible.  You might have been able to shave off a half second by bursting forward instead of how it ended up.

Lastly, it looks like your cadence on the partials versus the open targets, on the two sets of 3 target arrays, is identical...meaning you shot the partials the same speed as the wide open target...now based on the hits you reported above, you may or may not be able to pick up the speed on those open targets a bit and maintain your A's and/or go fast enough that C's wouldn't hurt you.

Separate Note:

With respect to stage plan, it looks like this stage made this difficult to avoid, but I personally don't like to exit on steel if at all possible...that might just be a personal thing, but I prefer to exit on the easiest shots if possible.  I MIGHT have gone, angled close - steel - 3 target array pushing into the direction I was about to move.  Might just be personal preference.  

Thank you for taking the time to write that up - I am going to print that out and watch my video and look for the things you pointed out.