Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 vs. Slideride

dvc4you

For me, with my gun's and shooting style...

- Lens is closer to the bore, much easier to find the dot (esp. in odd shooting positions)

- Little likelihood that ejected cases will hit the sight and bounce back into the ejection port and jam the gun (esp. helpful with 9 major)

- Battery lasts a lot longer

The Slideride has a bigger glass.  Batteries last two matches at best, even if you turn it off between stages.  Three matches if there are only 5 or 6 stages per match.

RTS2 has a smaller, but more contrasty lens.  The dot is bright when the battery is new, but fades fairly quickly.  I don't turn the RTS2 dot off between stages, so I only get 4 or sometimes 5 matches out of a battery.  You definitely want to watch the battery in an RTS2.  If you are not careful, the dot will go out on you in the missle of a stage.  When the battery voltage gets close to 2.8V, throw it out.  They only cost a buck each when you buy in quantity (and you'll need lots).

Give the Deltapoint Pro a look.  The glass is a little smaller than the RTS2, but the operation and ergonomics are better.  The 2.5 MOA dot is bright.

I've never shot a sliderride but know multiple guys who use both models of cmore.  They all agree that the RTS2's dot is brighter, probably due to the diode being closer to the lens.  One's testing indicated less paralax in the RTS2 when aimed with the dot around the edge.  Lastly, I've been told that the plastic on a slideride can warp slightly if left to sit out in bright hot sun, which can change the zero until it cools and returns to standard shape; this last is probably irrelevant to most since their guns will be bagged when not in use and otherwise not out long enough to be affected.  Again, nothing I've personally experienced but have been told.  I own several RTS2's and like them a lot.  

Hello: I shoot the C-More slide ride and have for years. My batteries last about a year shooting 3-6 matches a month. Never had any real issues with them. They just work. The RTS2 has a smaller lens and they seem to be not lasting as long as they should. If C-More would use the same lens as the slide ride I maybe a player but since it is not I am going to wait for something better. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I shoot the C-More slide ride and have for years. My batteries last about a year shooting 3-6 matches a month. Never had any real issues with them. They just work. The RTS2 has a smaller lens and they seem to be not lasting as long as they should. If C-More would use the same lens as the slide ride I maybe a player but since it is not I am going to wait for something better. Thanks, Eric

My experience has been similar, shooting an average of 3 matches a month and practice and dry-fire (not much, sad to admit) the battery on my C-more slideride lasts about 6 months.