Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Removing DOH from Bladetech Holster

RangerTrace

I need to remove the DOH attachment from my Bladetech holster to make it IDPA legal.  Unfortunately, the threaded metal inserts that the screws go into spin when I try to unscrew them.  Anybody have a trick that will make this easier?  Obviously the inserts are inside the holster which makes it difficult to keep them from spinning.......

yep it's a PITA, especially if you blue loctite the screws, as they def come loose.  i try to hold the 'nut' from turning using needle nose pliers but it's not easy.

next time i disassemble i might try milling grooves in the 'nuts' for the needlenose pliers to hold onto.

I tried nail polish as well as hair dryer.  No luck.  The chicago screw just kept spinning around.  I finally got it loose by touching the screw with the tip of a soldering iron.  It broke the loctite loose and made removing the screw easy.  Best part was no damage to the kydex unlike the hair dryer.

1 hour ago, jtielke said:

I cut a slot into the part that spins with a Dremel.  That way I could hold it in place with a flathead screwdriver.  Makes it easy if you ever need to disassemble it again. 

Will do that next time....