Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will Mr BulletFeeder for 9mm work with 380?

mikeinctown

I am looking at buying a Mr BulletFeeder in 9mm for my XL650 but need to know if I can also use it for 380 95 grain plated bullets as well? as they don't make a different plate for the 380 I'm assuming it would be the same but I thought I'd check.

Also, does it work well with 135-147 grain coated lead? I'm assuming that it does since that is what the majority of people seem to shoot as far as weight goes but want to make sure. I currently use Blue Bullets if that makes any difference over the other coated products.

Your best bet would be to contact DAA and ask them, the .380 might be a bit too short to get a consistent "flip".  Going by the statistics from the nationals, most 9mm shooters use 124-5 grain FMJ bullets. But I would suspect that the heavier bullets could be used with the correct adjustment. (I'm in the normal range and use 124's, haven't had any problems after the first couple of weeks learning what adjustments were needed)

3 hours ago, mscott said:

I tried to run .380 bullets through mine and didn't work so well. The bullets are so short that they turn sideways in the spring chute and jams up the works.

That doesn't sound good. I contacted BSPS and they contacted DAA and got back to me within a few minutes saying that the 9mm would work. Looks like I need to verify their claim. Is there only one size spring chute? Wondering if perhaps some different size tubing could be used?

Also, does it work well with 135-147 grain coated lead? I'm assuming that it does since that is what the majority of people seem to shoot as far as weight goes but want to make sure. I currently use Blue Bullets if that makes any difference over the other coated products.

Sorry for the late reply, but I run both 147g 9mm round nose and truncated cones without problems.

I could see where the shorter .380's might be difficult, but I don't have any personal experience.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:51 AM, dillon said:

Use the Small Output Tube Assembly (same as 223 and 308) for the short 9mm/380 projectiles, 115 grain and lighter.

I run 95gr JHP for my Steel Challenge load and use the Small Output Tube, it works fine.