Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm for Limited/L10/Single Stack......when?

Krag

With the increasing popularity of the 9mm Para cartridge with ........well, just about everyone....... what are the chances of USPSA doing away with the Major/Minor PF and just go with a 125 PF for everything. Speed and accuracy is what this game is all about and requiring large calibers in certain divisions to prove .....I don't know what ....... is rather antiquated.

I couldn't disagree more.  It is harder to shoot a major PF load than a minor one.  Why take away the option to choose to shoot something softer for fewer points, or something harder for more?  What does it hurt?

SS has a really good formula, you get 2 extra rounds shooting minor, or more points shooting major.  Then people get to choose extra rounds or extra points.  Choice is good.

IMHO, giving the shooter the option of Minor or Major in a division is just a choice and not a restriction.  Shoot it the way you wish.  Major is more challenging and earns more points.  It's totally up to you. 

2 hours ago, Krag said:

Speed and accuracy is what this game is all about and requiring large calibers in certain divisions to prove .....I don't know what ....... is rather antiquated.

Large calibers aren't required.  If you want to shoot 9mm in Limited knock yourself out nobody stopping you.

6 hours ago, ktm300 said:

I couldn't disagree more.  It is harder to shoot a major PF load than a minor one.  Why take away the option to choose to shoot something softer for fewer points, or something harder for more?  What does it hurt?

SS has a really good formula, you get 2 extra rounds shooting minor, or more points shooting major.  Then people get to choose extra rounds or extra points.  Choice is good.

Same thing in limited you get a couple extra shots for the lack of recoil.  And yes this has been beaten to death and then some in the same thread several guys have mentioned already.