bcp

DFW range questions

8 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a range that will allow running drills, drawing from holster, rapid fire, etc.  I really miss having open desert, gravel pits, etc where you can setup to practice whatever you want.  I've researched quite a bit in the DFW area and most ranges don't allow any of this or there are a few clubs that are either private with a long waitlist to join or it's over $100 monthly in fees.

What are my options for running live fire drills in DFW?  I live in Roanoke (north Ft Worth) at 35 and 114 by the racetrack.  Thanks!

That's one I wasn't aware of.  Thanks.

It's about 50 miles from me but I will certainly keep it in mind.  Other than distance, it sounds ideal.  

ETTS, runs $500 a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETTS in Waxahachie is further than I wanted to drive on a regular basis but I will keep that in mind.  Thanks!

can't verify this yet but check with Proactive Defense which is just up the hill form the Quail Creek range south of Denton.

A friend I shoot with told me that for about $40/mo. you can do what you want - as long as you are still being safe.

That location is a strong consideration.  One thing I don't like is the hours are kind of strange...

Monday: Closed, Tuesday and Wednesday: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, Thursday and Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday: 8:00 am – 6:00pm

There are 3 levels of membership but I need to call and get some clarity...

Patriot Membership:
$40 a month, includes one complimentary lesson with one of our highly qualified & skilled firearms instructors. (This is a $75 value.)
$10/hour range fee 

Frequent Shooter Membership:
$65 a month
5 complimentary - $10/hour range fee waived

Most members favorite...Elite Membership:
$125 a month
Unlimited range time, no range fees

If Proactive Defense was open on Monday and it didn't cost $125 a month, I probably wouldn't even have posted the question here.  The location is ideal.  The range rules are ideal.  I haven't talked to them yet but I will ask them some questions...maybe it's the perfect place and I just don't know it yet.

In the meantime, keep the ideas coming.  Thanks!