Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Magazine problems (9mm 130mm)

I'm a police officer for the Department of Agriculture and Forestry and have been carrying a Glock 19 due to the problems I am having with my (130mm) magazines for my Commander length  STI 9mm. One of the magazines works most of the time and two give me grief all of the time. The pistol is not the culprit because it runs fine with two or three 140 mm magazines that I've tried.  Most of the problems seem to be cause by the follower sticking. I bought new followers and springs.....it didn't help.

Any ideas of who can repair, tune, or do whatever is necessary to make these magazines reliable enough to bet your life on? I've shot 1911"s & 2011"s most of my life and prefer them to other pistols.

Thank You

Every STI 9mm magazine I have seen lately needs to have the feed lips tuned to run.

Purchased a 9mm Eagle off Gunbroker, came with 10 magazines. All were out of speck.

I'm sure that's why he soid the gun. Go on U Tube and watch the Atlas video on tuning

magazines, not hard of send them to someone who can. Sad when we pay what we pay

for STI mags and you have to work on them. By the way I am a fan of STI.

Yes it is ridiculous for these magazines to be so horrible. You can buy plastic magazines for other pistols at a much cheaper price and they run from the beginning. Maybe STI could take lessons on building mags or make serious changes. My 2011 is a pump action or a single shot at this point. I know I can buy new tuned mags for $135 each or more, but I really cannot afford that. I would just like to have these reworked.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUES , I HAVE A DVC LIMITED 40 CAL AND 9MM AND BOTH WONT LOCK BACK AFTER THE LAST ROUND FIRED. I JUST BOUGHT THE STI COMBAT MASTER 9MM AND IT DOES THE SAME , MY GUNSMITH HAS WORKED ON THE MAGS AND HAD TO TWEAK THEM TO MAKE THEM WORK , BAD QUALITY CONTROL ON STI'S PART, ESPECIALLY FOR THE $15 GRAND I SPENT.