Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EGW alignment comp reamer

ano

Just got my EGW alignment comp reamer, checked a few of my barrels. WOWIE, so much out of whack on pretty much all barrels/comps, even the ones with way to big holes.

Got an issue with weird bullet patterns, allthough I cant really say its hitting, its WAY to close, gonna ream out and try, Ill get back to you. 

Edited by ano

Hello: Tru Bor barrels are straight. If the comp is not bored at the same time and the threads are machined in a different setup they can be not concentric. Another note is that some of those align reamers can actually just follow the hole that is already in the comp. Using a lathe and setting up the barrel to run true is the best way and then boring the comp. Thanks, Eric

2 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Tru Bor barrels are straight. If the comp is not bored at the same time and the threads are machined in a different setup they can be not concentric. Another note is that some of those align reamers can actually just follow the hole that is already in the comp. Using a lathe and setting up the barrel to run true is the best way and then boring the comp. Thanks, Eric

+1. But the reamers are handy to clean-up the comp holes after a few thousand  major rounds. I use one on my Bianchi guns to clean out any lead buildup from coated boolits.