Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scope mount for Vortex razor 1-6

I have decided to order a Vortex razor 1-6. I know its heavy and people like to mount them a little more foward.

I am looking at Larue SPR-E LT139 and

American Defense

Any suggestions?

Edited by GARD72977

LaRue scope mounts work great especially with the QD lever mount. I use the LaRue LT104 with a Vortex Razor 1-6 on my rifle and it sits far enough forward for me. I have heard great things about Aero Precisions due to how light they are, but I have yet to use one.

I wanted to thank everyone for the advice. I already own a Aero Precision and really like it. The Vortex Razor has a lot of eye relief and i want to push it a little more foward of the reciver.

Seems a lot of people have a negative review of LaRue's customer service skills.

I am a big fan of the Bobro mounts.  I wanted an extended mount for my Razors, so I switched from another manufacture's mounts, to the extended Bobro mounts (2 of them) and I think they are great.  I run them pretty far forward and shoot NTCH and it works great for me.  

I like the BLAC lever system better which requires no manual adjustment to lock it to the rail. I like the lever system (with the safety) better. I also like the that the ring mount bolts are horizontal and not vertical. FTR I have the newer version with the ring bolts on top not on bottom. The mount is rock solid and the quality is awesome. Have not removed it and checked the RTZ, but will add, if I did, I would make sure to verify before shooting in a match.

They are proud of them, but I found good deals on used ones a few years ago.

http://www.bobroengineering.com/view/product/8/

I had not seen that mount. I really like that.

I would not have thought one clamp would be strong enough. I did not up grade the shipping from Optics Plannet so Ihave plenty of time to get one of the Brobo mounts. Im going to think about it over the weekend.

Hey JWil, thanks for the recommendation. I found the Bobro extended mount and a 10% off coupon. 

I like the American Defense mount but the Bobro looks like a higher quality mount. It only cost a few dollars more.

I now have about 3 times as much in the scope and mount as I do the gun!

On 6/17/2017 at 7:40 AM, GARD72977 said:

Hey JWil, thanks for the recommendation. I found the Bobro extended mount and a 10% off coupon. 

I like the American Defense mount but the Bobro looks like a higher quality mount. It only cost a few dollars more.

I now have about 3 times as much in the scope and mount as I do the gun!

do you mind pming me where you got the 10% off coupon for the bobro?

Edited by KzBoost

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2017 at 2:06 PM, metau said:

Good choice on the Bobro, love mine. Also curious on the discount code.

Check SWFA, they're running a promotion til July 9th. I paid $155 for my mount shipped.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 8:58 PM, adamge said:

Are you looking to be daring and try extra-height mounts?  Daniel Horner runs one...

I run an American Defense tall mount and have really come to like it. It allows  a more natural head position for me. Took a little getting used to for prone, but otherwise the switch was well worth it for me.