Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heavy Hiperfire 24C trigger?

I was hoping I could get some input on what others are getting as a trigger weight at the lightest setting on their 24C trigger. I installed mine and it is breaking at 3.5 lbs at the lightest weight.

I have a new frontier style Glock lower and wasn't sure if it was just me or whether the geometric differences of the lower's trigger well (if they really are different) meant that the 2 pound break the trigger promises was not going to be possible.

If you all are not getting a 3.5 lb weight at the lightest, any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot? I've already emailed Hiperfire.

Edited by StandardError
1 hour ago, mahamoti said:

are you using antiwalk pins?  Supposedly that degrades the Hiperfire pull a bit.

No, I'm not. I specifically held off on purchasing them after reading Hiperfire's manual. 

I am in contact with their CS department and they're being very responsive. This does go into my gut feeling that I borked something on my end. 

2 hours ago, NOMADSS said:

I am having random hammer follow and failure to reset every 30-40 rounds with the 24C trying to figure out a solution or I will be bulling it out soon and going with the old reliable JP trigger.

Shortly after running 2000 rds through my PCC, I started to have problems with my Hiperfire 24c doubling (or more) and solved that problem by going to a lighter recoil spring.  From the factory (PSA) the gun had what appeared to be a .308 recoil spring.  Changed it out to a .223 spring and that problem was solved.

About the same time I started having problems with trigger reset.  I thought it might be a bit of trash around the trigger so flushed it out with some carburetor cleaner.  Thant solved that problem.  Now when I do a detailed clean, I flush it out.

I'm over 4000 rds now and all is well.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

I installed a Hiper Fire 24C trigger in my Stag carbine... used the mid springs... 3.5lb trigger pull using a digital gauge... installed K&N anti walk pins .. no change what so ever after pins were installed... still 3.5lb trigger pull... no creep what so ever.. 

As an update, everybody, I found out what the issue was. 

The bottom loop of the trigger spring was slipping out of the notch where it is supposed to rest and sitting higher up. I didn't notice this because it came from the factory this way, but after close comparison to the pictures on the website, I realized what the issue was. 

I shifted the spring and now all is good. 2-2.5 lb break consistently.