Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Orlando ranges?

Does anybody know of a range within a hour of Orlando that you can shoot rapid fire and draw from a holster? I'm new to the area, work at Mco airport and all I can find is indoor ranges that only allow 1 shot per second and they are full of thugs or people taking girls out on dates. Even had one place tell me I couldn't shoot my open gun in a rifle bay! Drove all the way there went through their song and dance for about 20 minutes and they tell me the only way you can shoot that is if it had a stock. Wanted to shoot 25 yards for my zero. Oh and you couldn't conceal carry there either, that was a nice touch carrying 5k in firearms into a place where it felt like you could get rolled in the parking lot!

Have you discovered Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club?  It's not far from the MCO.

Nice facilities, an active club with lots of disciplines, and they put on very good USPSA matches. 

Give Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club a look. Have to be a member to use anytime. But can participate in matches without being a member. IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, 3-Gun. 50, 200 and 600 Yard Rifle Ranges. Action Area where you can draw from holster or shoot rifle. Located in Palm Bay within reasonable proximity west of I-95. Off Malabar Road.

By the way, Central Florida RPC is having their monthly USPSA match this Sunday.  Registration opens tonight on PractiScore.  Don't need to be a member to shoot a match.  Based on your location (near MCO), I would highly recommend joining the club.  The process is a little prolonged and there is a separate step to allow access to the action range. Totally worth the effort.

45 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

If you work at MCO, you should be a member of CFRPC ...    :)

The Best range I've ever seen - matches every Sat & Sun, and some during the week.

Great club - few miles from where you work.

Where do you live?

Thanks guys! 

I live in lake Nona area currently, looking to buy a home  towards the coast though. I have heard of cfrpc but the lengthy process and some bad reviews kind of turned me away.

43 minutes ago, Kepo said:

looking to buy a home  towards the coast. I heard of CFRPC but the lengthy process and some bad reviews turned me away.

Going towards the East Coast - you have Malabar (slightly south) and Volusia (slightly north).

The process at CFRPC is lengthy (but if you live right there, nothing too tough)  BUT it's worth it.

I've been a member for six years - and NEVER heard a "bad review" - it's a great Club    :) 

5 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Going towards the East Coast - you have Malabar (slightly south) and Volusia (slightly north).

The process at CFRPC is lengthy (but if you live right there, nothing too tough)  BUT it's worth it.

I've been a member for six years - and NEVER heard a "bad review" - it's a great Club    :) 

Thanks Jack!