Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Labradar and Bbi bullets

In looking for a new chrono. Sometimes I have had issues with bbi bullets on a comp electronics chrono. Is anyone having issues with the labradar unit? I hate the cost but I want the confidence. 

From anyone who has one, is it worth it over the competition electronics unit?

Edited by tcazes

Mine chronos BBI fine.  

I have no issues with handgun rounds.  Not sure why other people complain about issues.  Mine has never missed reading a round and results are consistent with match chronos.

Ive been seeing a few threads where the labradar is full of issues for handgun rounds. You have any of those issues?

The only issues I have with handgun rounds is leaving my rifle distances set up (10, 30, 40, 70, 100, something like that) and I shoot a handgun on the 50 yard range. It goes nuts "looking" for a bullet beyond 50 yards.

Set it to 45 and under, works perfect. BBI, Zero, Hornady, subsonic blackout. Doesnt matter.

• 2 weeks later...

BBI 9mm/10mm/45acp all register on my Pro Chrono with no issues.  I usually do NOT use the sky screens, FWIW.  I just put two rods up for aiming reference and shoot away.

However, a buddy picked up one of those 22TCM pistols, and the PC would not pick up the bullet until I added the screens, so maybe above a certain velocity, they are required.  (BTW, the 22TCM was fun as heck to shoot, and the armscor factory ammo was pretty consistent at 2010-2020fps.

I've also tried the Caldwell newer upside down model, but had lots of errors so returned it.  I also bought a Lab Radar, now I had issues with my particular unit and returned it, but in the process of testing it decided it's really overkill for the average shooter.  For someone wanting to occasionally measure shots for testing load data etc the Pro Chrono is hard to beat, esp considering the price.  Qucik to setup, gives you SD, BT and USB options, etc. 90% of shooters it's all you need.

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2017 at 3:51 AM, tcazes said:

yea i went with a pro chrono digital. working just as well as they always have.

It's not sexy to buy the Camry of the chronograph world. Everyone wants the shiny Labradar sports car or somesuch.

Toyota sells a million of them for a reason though. No flash or bang, but they work with boring reliability and they're economical.

I'm a huge fan of the ProChrono Camry. ;) 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

It's not sexy to buy the Camry of the chronograph world. Everyone wants the shiny Labradar sports car or somesuch.

Toyota sells a million of them for a reason though. No flash or bang, but they work with boring reliability and they're economical.

I'm a huge fan of the ProChrono Camry. [emoji6] 

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Scott Steele said:

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also. The guy who runs the local indoor range has the best indoor lighting setup for his I've ever seen:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Globe-Electric-500W-Portable-Halogen-Yellow-Work-Light-6050401/300374664?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|DigitalDecor|google||_pkw__pmt__product_300374664&mid=sf50WSK5W|dm_mtid_8903yuu57254_pcrid_142836471302_pkw__pmt__product_300374664_slid_&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_JrMBRDPARIsACis1HybX5W1kRKDhTaMqMcgWMOd8y2EeoUA_VFdoMmv01jiug7CdJV-cSIaAss4EALw_wcB

Place one of those next to the chronograph LOWER THAN THE BODY of the chrono. It's important that lamp's light can't spill directly into the sensors from the side. Aim the lamp directly at the underside of the sky screens.

It'll read 95%+ of the time without a fancy indoor light setup. Accurately.