Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

holsters

herman

On 6/17/2017 at 4:10 PM, rooster said:

Red Hill,  didn't like his mag pouches, but his holsters are excellent.

+1.  There are cheaper options that work just as well regarding mag pouches, but it's hard to beat the quality and customer service of Red Hill.  Even my wife (new to competition shooting) liked my holster so much she had me order her one as well.

1 hour ago, Mountbkr said:

You guys running RHT, you doing single layer or double?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just running the single layer. Had it about a year and a half now it's held up really well for my limited Gun. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2017 at 8:55 PM, Mountbkr said:

You guys running RHT, you doing single layer or double?

Double layer for me. The holster body is incredibly stiff - mounted to a Boss hanger there is NO flex when drawing the pistol.

Double layer for me. The holster body is incredibly stiff - mounted to a Boss hanger there is NO flex when drawing the pistol.

That's what I'm considering as well

4 minutes ago, Mountbkr said:

That's what I'm considering as well

The double layered are his signature and it would be tough for me to go back to a single. More rigid makes for a better release and smoother draw. 

You can PM me if you need a discount code. 

The double layered are his signature and it would be tough for me to go back to a single. More rigid makes for a better release and smoother draw. 

Pm sent

On 6/17/2017 at 5:16 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

I never heard of Red Hill ... :(

But, I'd attend a local match and see what everybody is using ...

Betcha Red Hill is NOT the most popular rig at the match ....   :) 

Blade Tech is the most popular, as you know. I've had at least 4 or 5 each in comp tac and bladetech. Switch to a dual-layer holster body like RedHill and others make, and you won't want to go back. Nothing like a 1/4" thick holster to prevent flexing.

They're molded to the Tanfoglio guns better too - no amount of massaging or heat gun work on my bladetech body would keep it from binding if you didn't draw perfectly vertically.

They're also a forum vendor/sponsor, unlike the bigger companies you're pushing him toward. ;) 

A BOSS hanger from the Ben Stoeger shop and a Red Hill holster body drilled to match it? Ideal production setup. 

Edit: And for mag pouches, I prefer Ghost 360s.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 7/8/2017 at 10:35 PM, alma said:

alma, I too am considering a double layer RHT holster. Would you be willing to share your code with me as well? Thank you.

33 minutes ago, cdrill said:

alma, I too am considering a double layer RHT holster. Would you be willing to share your code with me as well? Thank you.

Cole4RHT should be 10% off. 

If you haven't then should consider the Red Hill Tactical/Springer Precision hanger as well. Very similar performance to a BOSS but better colors. Thanks for your interest. 

Edited by alma

• 3 months later...