Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WSM2 vs DAA Race Master

jw3378

Looking to move to a legitimate race holster for my limited rig. Based on the title it's clear which of the two I'm considering at this point. Would live to hear some opinions and other recommendations. 

The only requirement I have is that there is a muzzle support system.

Thank you,

Jakob 

I have had both and I'm 100% recommending the race master holster.  Really nice set up and if you need to keep it locked in the beginning of a stage for some strange reason its way easier to  unlock on the draw. Thats not something I would recommend but if the need arises its much better.  I would recommend the alpha x even more.  It has the exact same retention device/guts as the race master but a much better adjustment system.  The WSM2 is cheaper to switch between platforms as it is just shims that can be added or removed but the DAA holster is just a better product all around.  

First started the sport with a CR Speed WSM.  The holster is fast, but I switched to a DAA Racemaster and haven't looked back.  The WSM did not feel secure even with the lock on.  With the RM, once you put the lock on you'll give yourself a massive wedgie trying to get the gun out.  Perfect for those stages with unusual starts.  Even with the lock on, its still fast to unlock with a sweep of the ring finger upwards while gripping the gun. 

The CR speed is a great holster but does not have a 'positive' lock. it just puts more tension on when locked. this means you can remove the gun even when 'locked'. in the daa you would have to break the holster or the trigger guard for the gun to come out while locked. I want my lock to be secure. I don't want my gun hitting the deck if someone bumps me while pasting etc. 

I just posted the same question on a different post, mine was all about the race master or alfa X and the alfa x came in hands down the favorite. nobody gave recommendations on another brand so its a nice read here to see other thoughts. and i didn't know they made a muzzle support for the Alfa X i have to check that out now. good luck with your choice