Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ETS 140mm .40 cal Mags

Wiscat

I have a couple ETS 140mm 19rd mags on the way.  Does anyone have any experience with these?  I currently run stock Glock mags with a TTI +5 base plate.  These only seem to hold 19rds reloadable(I can cram 20 in but I doubt it would cycle.).   If these function well I'm hoping this will be a cheap alternative.

I will update as I use these mags in the mix.

I got a few of the ETS .40 140mm mags and have used them a few times so far. They hold 19 reloadable, but takes more effort to seat than an OEM mag with extension loaded to 19. They've worked fine for me with Blue Bullets loaded to 1.135"; however, this past weekend I tried them with Xtreme bullets also at 1.135" and they didn't work at all. Rounds got stuck in the mag tube and I had to smack the mag a bunch of times to get them to come loose. It might work with those bullets if loaded shorter, but I'm not going to bother to try.

And FYI I can use the TTI extensions topped off to 20+1 to start a stage and it'll feed fine. I also only reload to them at 19 though.

Mine have worked fine the few times I have used them but I have only had them for a couple weeks.  I only use factory ammo at the moment.

I like the idea of getting 2+ magazines for the price of one taran baseplate.  The lifetime warranty seemed like a nice +.  I will update also.  

I just got a couple of ETS mags myself. Have yet to take them to the range yet but I do have them stuffed full to set the springs. 1 Standard mag w/ TTI pad w/ 20 in it and the 140 w/ 19 stuffed in it, I also load to 1.135 w/ eggs and blue bullets but I didn't have any blues loaded currently (*whines about needing a XL650) 

ETA: from my pics you can see why you can stuff 20 in the standard+TTI extension, more room for the spring with the flat base, I doubt that I could get 20 in the 140 ETS mag, the 20 w/ extension you need to seat it like you mean it, the 140 w/ 19 didn't seem as bad

Other mags on the table are 2x 140 9mm, 1 of the 170mm 9mm and 2x standard G17 ETS w/ Dawson extensions... untested as well 

vtBag3ml.jpgCLjnaD0l.jpg

Edited by Wolfmetalfab

On 6/14/2017 at 1:51 PM, Southpaw said:

I got a few of the ETS .40 140mm mags and have used them a few times so far. They hold 19 reloadable, but takes more effort to seat than an OEM mag with extension loaded to 19. They've worked fine for me with Blue Bullets loaded to 1.135"; however, this past weekend I tried them with Xtreme bullets also at 1.135" and they didn't work at all. Rounds got stuck in the mag tube and I had to smack the mag a bunch of times to get them to come loose. It might work with those bullets if loaded shorter, but I'm not going to bother to try.

And FYI I can use the TTI extensions topped off to 20+1 to start a stage and it'll feed fine. I also only reload to them at 19 though.

Odd about the rounds getting stuck, I had the same thing happen with the 140 the first time I loaded it, not sure what the rounds measured at tho, they are Federal Tactical hollow points (factory LE loads) seemed more like the follower got stuck or one round got wedged oddly, had about 6 in it, 5 of them just fell out then I smacked the mag on the desk to get the last round and the follower to go 

Thanks for the input everyone.  I ran one the other night for the first time in an indoor shoot the other night.  A couple drops and concrete.  So far so good. Dropped it loaded on my shop floor a dozen times as well.

On 6/16/2017 at 5:11 PM, Wiscat said:

Thanks for the input everyone.  I ran one the other night for the first time in an indoor shoot the other night.  A couple drops and concrete.  So far so good. Dropped it loaded on my shop floor a dozen times as well.

Good news.

Shot many more rounds through mine in the Glock 22, not a single problem.  I would definitely buy again for double stack guns.

I also got a few for the Glock 43 and they are real hard to load...springs bind a lot and getting the last round or two in is an effort most of the time.  Have had one failure to feed with the 9 round magazine so far.  I have shot 200 rounds between the 7, 9, and 12 round Ets options.  Not bad performance but can't say I'd buy again yet.

Edited by Jeff226