Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters world clean shot 200 grain records 3

sstephns

What accuracy are you getting?

What accuracy do you get with a different bullet/powder?

Does the gun shoot the bullet well with other powders?

Does the gun shoot other bullets well with this powder?

If you are currently at 4.1gn, did you work up from some lower charge? Do you know what the expected max charge is?

In terms of real accuracy out at 25-50 yards, I have not found any powder faster than AA5 to work.

Personally, I find a 175gn L-SWC to be as heavy as needed.

Unfortunately I built the load around velocity, just trying to squeak over power factor and be soft. I've got 2500 of the 200 grain bullets left so I'll play with the charge. My guess is it's just not stable for the weight at 835 fps.

22 minutes ago, sstephns said:

Unfortunately I built the load around velocity, just trying to squeak over power factor and be soft. I've got 2500 of the 200 grain bullets left so I'll play with the charge. My guess is it's just not stable for the weight at 835 fps.

Stability of the bullet shouldn't be the issue. Little longer or shorter may make just the difference you want to see.

I'll probably move back to them after I finish these 200 grain bullets I have. I bought 5000 thinking I would like them on a recommendation. Gonna tinker with the oal and maybe bump the charge up a hair