Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gear for Two Gun Comps

262alcante

go check out a match or two and see what everyone is using and how it may (or may not) work for you before you load up on gear.  but 2 gun is way less gear-intense than 3 gun.  3 pistol mag pouches and 2 AR mag pouches should get you thru most any match.  you'll need a rifle sling also.  you can just use a thick leather belt, but most folks use a dual belt system with an inner belt that is worn like a regular belt, and an outer belt that your holster and mag pouches reside on.  double alpha or CR speed are two favorites.  i've been using mostly blade tech mag pouches with tek-lok attachments and like them.

Gonna depend on the match. The local 2 guns are rifle/pistol, and not much more than 30rnds max required each per stage so a pouch or two. No sling required.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

like the others have said, and what i was told is go watch, talk to everyone and anyone, ask to try on, ask to shoot, most of us are very generous and helpful. dont go spend a ton of money unitl you know its for you. and you find out what you like. alot of times you can shoot with borrowed stuff for the first few times 

have fun is number 1 

• 3 months later...
On 6/13/2017 at 9:41 PM, davsco said:

go check out a match or two and see what everyone is using and how it may (or may not) work for you before you load up on gear.  but 2 gun is way less gear-intense than 3 gun.  3 pistol mag pouches and 2 AR mag pouches should get you thru most any match.  you'll need a rifle sling also.  you can just use a thick leather belt, but most folks use a dual belt system with an inner belt that is worn like a regular belt, and an outer belt that your holster and mag pouches reside on.  double alpha or CR speed are two favorites.  i've been using mostly blade tech mag pouches with tek-lok attachments and like them.

I've been shooting  a few area 2gun matches we have in NE and Central Florida for the past 8+ years and the gear davsco listed above if what a large majority of the shooters use. Two rifle mag and two to three pistol mag pouches and a sling. Also a chamber flag and way to transport ammo and spare mags typically is all you'll really need. In the match I help run, a good majority of the shooters are LE/Former Mil and sometimes those guys run their duty set up as well but, that's not the norm. I only stated that part because some new shooters show up and see guys running plate carriers not knowing the shooters background and using the match for training purposes. 

On 6/13/2017 at 8:44 PM, 262alcante said:

Need some help.What belt,Rifle and Pistol pouches,do I need for two gun.

Contact the match director and find out what ruleset the matches are based on. 

In my area, they run US Carbine Association rules which stipulate a sling for the long gun and that it cannot be unslung during a course of fire. The stages are a mix of bay and natural terrain with a  lot of movement. The choice of sling and how you deploy your rifle will dictate how your other gear is carried. Obviously, interference is a consideration and the pistol being snagged by the rifle sling a major issue.

Given the round counts for the typical stage we run, aside from my slung rifle and holstered pistol,  I only carry a kangaroo rifle/pistol pouch for the magazines I will be reloading with. I go to the line with my "make ready" mags in my pockets. Less stuff to pop out and scatter on the trail.