Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

12-15" hanguards

I'm having a hard time deciding what to get. My ATi came with a 10" and it's just to short. I'm 6'2 and I need longer. But how long???

This gun will be used 95% for PCC uspsa matches and possibly 3gun. 

It has a 16" barrel with a 2.5" muzzle brake.

Any suggestions for length and brand? Also I'd like to stay $200 or less.

Unfortunately none of the local gun shops have anything other than magpul in stock so I can't fondle anything in person, I'm limited to what I see on the web. 

21 minutes ago, 1911luvr said:

There's an Aero 15" in the classifieds for $80. That should be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that. 

I may may have found a winner with Midwest Indistries if I go 15". 

MI-LWM15G3 

and it's selling at Buds for $150.00. Surprisingly it weighs under 10oz including the hardware.

edit** it's 9.3oz total!

Edited by nickbfishn

I have a few Midwest Industries handguards on different rifles. I have been very happy with all of them. They're lightweight and well made, and very reasonably priced.  If you're a tall guy I would go with the 15". I've never heard anybody complain that their handguard was too long for them. 

Edited by gdcguns
15 minutes ago, troupe said:

My secret is the Matrix from Chandler Hardwoods.  Great folks to deal with.  15" in the white is $49 and Anodized is $59.  I use them on most of my builds and I have no complaints

Tommy: I forgot about Chandler Hardwoods. They do have the best price on Matrix handguards. Thanks, Eric

36 minutes ago, troupe said:

My secret is the Matrix from Chandler Hardwoods.  Great folks to deal with.  15" in the white is $49 and Anodized is $59.  I use them on most of my builds and I have no complaints

Wow, what's the catch here? That 15" m-lock matrix is 9.5oz including the hardware, it looks good, and it's only $59!?  Gotta be a catch 

I couldn't resist the low price of the matrix. I ordered the 

AR15-15ML AR Platform 15" M LOCK Hand Guard 1

$59.00

I went ahead and also grabbed a stripped upper receiver without a forward assist for $49. Thanks flatland shooter!

3 hours ago, troupe said:

Glad I could help.  I have  been dealing with Chandler Hardwoods for years.  Shipping can be a little tough, but the products are fine.

So far so good, I ordered last night and I got a shipping confirmation this afternoon :-)

Looks like you got if all sorted, but just in case anyone else is looking...

I love the Seekins SP3R handguard.  Im 6'2" also and the 15" fits me perfectly.  Have them on all my match rifles.

Still playing with the optic position.

IMG_0352_zpsszxw7vui.JPG

1 hour ago, JWil said:

Looks like you got if all sorted, but just in case anyone else is looking...

I love the Seekins SP3R handguard.  Im 6'2" also and the 15" fits me perfectly.  Have them on all my match rifles.

Still playing with the optic position.

IMG_0352_zpsszxw7vui.JPG

Good looking weapon! 

My matrix showed up today and I'm beside myself at how well built an light it is for the price.

meanwhike, I actually put a seekins in my hand today and I really liked the feel of it with that flat bottom. If I build another it is forst on my list.