Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II Xtreme Mod List

Tanfastic

Blue is probably the best. Mother's isn't bad. The red paste in the dremel kit works.

Right now, I'd say to polish the hammer strut, parts of the sear, trigger bar plunger and trigger bar. Follow MemphisMechanic video tour of how to do it. Yes,even before running it. The da will still be heavy, but at least smoother.

Lube it good. Run it hard until the patriotdefense parts show up. I like to see 500+ rounds fired between polishing cycles.  and 3 or more cycles of polishing. No matter how well you thought it was done...there will be some spots missed or that want to be better.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another suggestion would be to order some extra parts such as: safety retention pin, hammer pin, and hammer pin retention pin, springs, etc. All the little things that can come flying out of your gun and land on the floor, never to be seen again. 

17 minutes ago, MikieM said:

Another suggestion would be to order some extra parts such as: safety retention pin, hammer pin, and hammer pin retention pin, springs, etc. All the little things that can come flying out of your gun and land on the floor, never to be seen again. 

Ambi safety retention roll pin 

sear spring (you WILL bend one eventually when you forget to return it to its home before installing the slide)

trigger spring - easy to launch

Magazine release spring and plunger

Those are spares I keep on-hand.

How does Tanfo set up the default sight picture on these, is it a cover hold or a top of sight blade hold?  I have the adjustable rear sight so I can set it up how I want, but just curious since I'm coming from an HK which is a cover hold.

49 minutes ago, Tanfastic said:

How does Tanfo set up the default sight picture on these, is it a cover hold or a top of sight blade hold?  I have the adjustable rear sight so I can set it up how I want, but just curious since I'm coming from an HK which is a cover hold.

Get a metric target, aim, and see where it ends up. Make adjustments per your load. Seriously, there's zero sight zero with Tanfo out of the box. Theu are easy to dial in though. 

Ok, just curious, the Germans are pretty particular about factory sight-in, doesn't surprise me that the Italians are not.   I hit the range quick last night and just dumped 100 rounds through it into the berm just to check function, and all is good, not a hitch.  If this factory trigger is considered "Bad" I can't even fathom what "Good" is going to feel like, to me it was already really nice.  The sights looked to be hitting low though, which is what prompted the question.  I'm going to hit the indoor range tonight to sight it in, and then run it in 3-Gun tomorrow just for grins!  Next week - start the polishing/tune-up when my PD shipment comes in.

My standard S2 wasn't to bad out of the box either but all the roughness became more obvious with the lighter springs.  As for polish I've tried both and prefer the Dremel brand.  It seems to stay on the felt wheel and run cooler but both will give you the same results in the end. 

The videos I shared on YouTube will make you realize that they are simple guns to work on. You need a couple of punches and picks, but no particularly rare special tools.

This playlist includes all 4 videos:

A couple of roll pin punches are the only unusual tools required. Unlike a standard punch they have a dimple in the center of the tip to keep the pin centered in the hollow pins on your gun. A cheap set with the sizes you'll need is available on Amazon for $13:

Grip Roll Pin Punch Set, 9 Pieces

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003L7HOMG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_c7Orzb67ST7BW

(Technically you can get by with a 1/16" and 3/32" standard punch that have a flat tip, but you run the risk of damaging the frame or the pins if your punch gets off center and slips.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

5 hours ago, MikieM said:

I bought a little seven ounce jar of Blue Magic metal polish at the local O'Reily store. It's a lifetime supply.

Kind of sad when you think about it.  :(

Simple solution... buy a few dozen more guns.  (duh)

Lol

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

The videos I shared on YouTube will make you realize that they are simple guns to work on. You need a couple of punches and picks, but no particularly rare special tools.

Very thorough and very well done.

I thank you!

1 hour ago, johnbu said:

Simple solution... buy a few dozen more guns.  (duh)

Lol

My God, man, do you have any idea how many Tanfo innards a jar of this stuff will do. Must be at least a couple hunnert thousand. :lol:  

Anybody already made a parts list for what it takes to make a base model stock 2 trigger sing?

Have the info coming & could very likely figure it out from the videos & such, but I figured if a list had already been made I might go ahead & get stuff on order asap. 

Bolo

Titan hammer

One-piece sear

EGD or Patriot or Henning guide rod

Wolff recoil spring between 6-10 (preference)

Patroit springs:

firing pin return spring

sear spring (get one spare for when you bend first one)

trigger spring

hammer spring of your choice. (I like 14 or 15.5)

Wolff extractor spring

A .150 x .100 Dawson FO front sight

Shot my S2 Xtreme in a Multigun match yesterday, it's really great, the DA pull might not be very light but it's smooth and easy to keep the sights stable when pulling through.  The SA already feels light to me, need more practice with that so I'm not pulling the trigger so hard before making it even lighter.  Loving the muzzle stability when shooting fast, this gun doesn't bounce around nearly as much as my plastic one did, so far very impressed with it!  First real test will be USPSA match next week.