Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP01 recoil spring

je85

126 PF don't leave room for error.....

Rnlinbacker has it right.  You need to select the recoil spring for what works for your load and you.  The tuner pack with 5 springs in 1 lb. increments from 10 lbs up is the way to go to find what works for you.  This pack should work for both 147 and 124/125 gr bullets.  YMMV however,

I would guess you will find 10 to 12 lbs is what works for you and 147 gr bullets.

Thanks rowdyb! 

Any recommendations  on sights? CZC/CGW/Dawson

I would like my point of impact just above my front sight.

I also dont like alot of daylight on the sides of the front sight.

I prefer making loads that make 133 PF out of a Standard Shadow Barrel. I typically use an 11 lb spring with an SP01 Shadow and a 10 lb spring with the CTSW Longslide. A proper bill drill will let you know what spring is best for you.

The SP-01 doesn't have an adjustable sight like you are asking and the front sight is already pretty close to the barrel. So you may be able to get a new rear sight and keep the front. CGW sells a set that has a higher rear and front sight that is higher than stock. ($80) They also sell a replacement front sight that replaces the OEM version and it is thinner tan stock and leaves more light. ($40 and I love it) The latter is a Dawson sight as that is the one I purchased. The former may also be made by Dawson. I am not familiar with any CZC sights beyond the one in my shadow target.

I settled on an 11# spring and it seems to work well for me. My used shadow came to me with an 11# and I liked it and so I added an 11# to my SP-01. Works well in both pistols.

I will order a 11lb and maybe a 10lb for light steel loads.

My idpa and uspsa loads are generally around a 127 pf but never above 130 pf.

What can I say I love my powder puff loads for 9mm

Does anyone make a reduced power mag release spring?

I got too use to the #3 in my 1911 with extended mag release

For sights, get the CGW black rear, FO front sight.

DO NOT get the rear and front sight kit from Dawson. Their front sight is not properly sized to the rear they sent. Its too tall at .150. You will wind up shooting 2 inches too low. They will send you another from sight, but then you are stuck with a tiny front. Something like .120.

This is what happened to me and a couple of others.

Again, go with the CGW set if you want FO.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've used a 9# recoil spring with a 13# main spring with 145grain 128-130pf loads. Really liking how it behaves. Got to make sure to change the recoil spring regularly otherwise you will face FTF when it gets too weak.

Edited by Ludde